|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
We are recruiting across both our London and Manchester offices.
PA’s Healthcare sector has been operating since the early 2000s when we supported the UK Department of Health with major healthcare policy which made a significant and lasting impact on NHS organisations. Our team has since grown exponentially across the UK, US, Middle East and Nordics regions to be a 120-strong team of healthcare experts, including many former clinicians, commissioners and operational managers, dedicated to delivering healthcare projects. As PA’s Healthcare team we have an ambitious growth strategy that will see us expand to become a £60m business by 2018.
We work with governments, providers, commissioners, regulators, educational and professional bodies. We are unique as a consulting firm in having Healthcare, Life Sciences and Technology capability within a single organisation – this gives us a significant edge in developing the future of healthcare innovation. We work on some of the most challenging and high profile assignments and deliver an extraordinary variety of work for our clients.
We are the team who:
- Developed the National Diabetes Strategy for Qatar.
- Delivered major reconfiguration programmes in some of the UK’s largest health economies.
- Helped the Health Services Executive turnaround two of Ireland’s worst performing hospitals.
- Transformed recruitment of patients to clinical trials, cutting recruitment time from a year to 6 weeks.
- Enabled the London Ambulance Service to save the equivalent of 4,000 front-line shifts through better efficiency.
- Designed and delivered a Telehealthcare service for 5,000 health and social care users.
Getting exceptional results that have a lasting impact on healthcare organisations, communities and individuals is what we do. And finding fresh angles, exploring new avenues and following the unconventional path is how we do it. We are solving some of the world’s most complex problems. But where others settle for off-the-shelf solutions, we approach each challenge with fresh eyes, unconstrained thinking and a perfectly balanced team of experts handpicked for the task.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join PA’s global Healthcare team in a Senior Consultant role as we rapidly expand our business focused on healthcare providers. We are delivering exciting growth in the UK and Ireland, with a medium-term plan to take our track record and capability to our wider geographies.
We are helping our clients solve their biggest challenges – achieving financial and operational sustainability within the budget constraints of todays NHS and facing ever-growing patient expectations.
Our work with providers is focused on:
- Delivering real financial improvement and driving efficiency across some of the most challenged acute trusts as part of the NHS’s Financial Improvement Programme and Financial Special Measures interventions.
- Supporting trusts to maximise workforce efficiency through the design and implementation of pay and non-pay controls, workforce productivity and role redesign.
- Improving operational performance, productivity and patient experience through targeted interventions, organisation-wide programmes and solutions that cross organisational boundaries.
- Giving trusts the tools and capability they need to deliver the Carter agenda, and supporting the transformation and reconfiguration of corporate and support services.
- Supporting the redesign and reconfiguration of clinical services that are fit for the future.
What we're looking for
You will be joining our existing Healthcare Provider team and will bring the following core knowledge and capabilities:
- A solid understanding of the challenges facing the UK healthcare sector, and Providers in particular.
- Operational management, financial management or consulting (from a recognised firm) experience in healthcare providers, preferably NHS acute trusts.
- Evidence of your contribution to the delivery of financial, operational and/or service improvement.
- Experience working with NHS datasets which may include financial, clinical and performance data, to identify and evidence improvement opportunities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to influence and engage with clinicians.
- Good project management, presentation and business writing skills.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.