|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
We are looking to expand our Public Sector team to deal with our growing portfolio of work. We are looking for talented individuals who have experience of working with Government to:
1. Disrupt with Digital, analytics and automation;
2. Support the optimisation of their business and IT operations;
3. Deliver using formal and agile programme management methodologies;
4. Control the borders and reduce fraud and error; and
5. Understand and execute the transition to cloud infrastructure.
We believe that experience is more important than an advisory background, and we are keen to meet talented individuals from the civil service, other advisory organisations, SMEs as well as established Government Suppliers. We believe that the nature of our work in Central Government is changing and we need to build a team that reflects this changed nature.
Our Public Sector team brings together the right expertise and experience to challenge conventional thinking and deliver exceptional results across the public sector. We operate across all aspects of the public sector including central and local government, education, policing and justice, the third and charities sectors. The diversity of our work is unparalleled and we have a reputation for delivering high quality, cost-effective solutions for our clients. We are the team who:
- helped councils respond innovatively to pressures in adult social care
- transformed higher educational services within Russell Group Universities
- has repeatedly delivered operational IT systems successfully into police forces
- helped TfL reduce the cost of fare collection by 40%
- supported the letting of contracts worth £2.4 billion to put in place the underlying infrastructure for the roll-out of smart meters in Britain
- supported foreign investment in the UK
Delivering exceptional results that have a lasting impact is what we do. Balancing proven methodologies with fresh, unconstrained thinking is how we do it. Central to each challenge is a perfectly balanced team of experts handpicked for the task.
What we're looking for
You’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of diverse projects, from local initiatives to high profile, nationally significant programmes and agile digital transformations.
You will work in highly innovative multi-disciplinary teams and be expected to take on significant responsibility, working with colleagues and clients at all levels. Progression is based on merit, not time served, and high performers progress rapidly.
Skills and Knowledge:
We are looking for Consultants who will be able to work across all areas of Public Services and who:
- have delivered value in particular within Home Office, DWP, HMRC and DEFRA, although we are interested in all government departments.
- are committed to developing a deep understanding of public services and who are well versed in the relevant vocabulary, topical issues, policy debates and trends to be able to hold informed conversations with clients about their business
- are great communicators:
o in writing – presenting information so that it is easy to understand, compelling, engaging and unambiguous
o orally - with the ability to deliver impactful, informative presentations
Energetic, passionate, determined, positive and goal-focused with a commitment to delivering excellence in any and all circumstances:
- Passionate about developing themselves technically, professionally and behaviourally
- Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills who builds great relationships with their colleagues and clients
- Able to engage clients using a range of influencing skills
- Ability to be assertive and firm in their approach but has a flexible, calm and professional demeanour
- Commercially shrewd with strong business acumen
- Educated to degree level
Applicants must already have the unconditional right to live and work in the UK. The ability to obtain security clearance is likely to be a requirement.
- Private medical insurance
- Transport allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we create opportunity from complexity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.