|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a senior leader in Software Engineering, you will combine your years of proven expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovative technology through solid engineering practices. You’ll lead a highly inspired and inquisitive team of technologists who are already developing and deploying applications to the highest standards. With your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming, your team will raise their game even more, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your passion and experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. As a constant learner and early adopter, you’re already embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies; your example encourages others to follow suit. In addition to creating solutions with your in-house team, you’ll also work alongside our team of technologists from around the world who are just as dedicated as you are. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
You will bring your expertise and advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes, specifically in the areas of application, data, and infrastructure disciplines to create resilient, smart solutions for your clients. As the Machine Learning Engineering Team Lead, you will be responsible for financial control and budget management. Your collaborative leadership style will allow you to work across teams and with teams to development meaningful relationships in all business functions to achieve common goals.
- Enable and directly support our data scientist’s technology and platform needs, including enabling them to take advantage of big data and cloud technologies.
- Enable our data scientists to quickly build, train and deploy machine learning models at scale.
- Building reusable components for common machine learning problems and deploying them as containerized services.
- Supplying architectural and engineering support to our partner team of data scientists and other product teams.
- Manage and own the SDLC our models through production deployment
This lead role will be part of a globally distributed team of Data Scientists and Engineers in New York, Delaware, Lewisville, London, Glasgow and Bangalore. Your job will be to partner with Data Scientists in Corporate to help them deliver the best AI/ML solutions. You will lead your team in engineering rock-solid machine learning components and providing data assets that will be leveraged to create these solutions. As the lead in the Glasgow Technology Center, you will also be expected to recruit, train and mentor engineers to build up a high-performing team. This is a great opportunity for someone with an interest in machine learning to move further into the field.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Mastery of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Command of architecture, design and business processes
- Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Expertise in working in in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Experienced in modern programming languages
- Expertise in Agile and DevOps cultures.
- A deep understanding of software development practices and firm wide toolsets
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals across the GT family.
- Coaching: Provide hands-on coaching to development teams on the effective leverage of strategic tool chain
- Strong client focus with excellent communication skills and proven experience building long-term business relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Hands-on leadership of high-performing, agile-based engineering teams
- Material experience in Artificial Intelligence or other machine learning enabled technology (i.e. text-to-speech, voice/vision recognition, Natural Language Processing, Predictive Algorithms, etc.)
- Strong Python and Java and/or Scala programming skills
- Experience in Big Data technologies (Spark, Hadoop, and NoSQL)
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, meet deadlines, and be detail oriented while remaining organized to perform at high standards
- Experience with cloud-native architecture and container orchestration (particularly Docker and Kubernetes) strongly preferred
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexibility.This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement
The Chief Technology Office oversees enabling components inclusive of the top quality engineering and architecture tools and practices, key program management and processes as well as the technology workforce strategy required to make us a leading technology company for our customers, clients and colleagues around the world. We provide solutions to guide technology across the firm globally, removing inefficiencies and streamlining how we deliver quality solutions. We’re continuing to evolve from building next-gen platforms to guiding architectures that unlock their capabilities, automating how we take code from inception to production. We’re focused on optimizing how apps are designed for the future, targeting solutions that are portable across multi-cloud platforms to stay resilient, scalable and maintainable. The CTO will drive Modern Engineering Practices across the firm and provide the pathway for technologist to improve their speed, quality and application development practices.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity.We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation.If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
So if you're ready to put your passion for technology to work in a way that makes a real difference, apply today.