|Job Type:||Full Time|
We’re looking for a skilled Solution Architect to join our growing Data & Analytics (DnA) team working on some of the biggest franchises in gaming, such as Minecraft, Forza, and Sea of Thieves. Our team is part of Studios Quality, the centralised quality team for Xbox Game Studios, partnering directly with the game development studios to define, assess, and drive quality as a priority across all our titles so we deliver the best possible experience for our customers.
Our work encompasses many facets, but is centred around advocating for the customer by understanding what is of value to them, and establishing confidence in products’ readiness to release by predicting and evaluating functional and operational integrity. Working with the Data & Analytics Lead, the successful candidate will own and define the technical feasibility, specification, approach, and standards of work for projects undertaken by the team. The nature of the solutions we provide are varied and ever evolving, from high-level KPIs and trend monitoring, through to low level diagnostic analytics and pattern recognition, as well as supporting functions such as data indexing and quality assessment, application lifecycle monitoring and prediction, and is beginning to expand in to data science concepts with machine leaning and artificial intelligence. Together with their own contributions, the Solution Architect will provide guidance and direction to the team to ensure successful delivery, collaborating with other teams such as software engineering on joint efforts, while partnering with studios to encourage best practices and ensure upstream dependencies are resolved. The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of technical patterns and technologies, with an eagerness to continue learning and growing in this ever evolving discipline with continuous research & collaboration, maintaining in-depth knowledge of available platforms and potential approaches. We typically use SQL, Azure Data Explorer (ADX), R, Python, Power BI, SSRS, C#, PowerShell, Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, and GIT.
We’re looking for a creative problem solver with an inclusive nature and a collaborative mindset. We value diversity in our workforce, and we pride ourselves on our individuality. What we share is a passion for our work, and the desire to make an impact.
- Formulate technical requirements, define overarching solution architecture, and document specific tasks from ambiguous and/or functional requirements.
- Maintains a deep understanding of multiple data platforms, technologies, and techniques on which to build solutions, and continues to expand and learn as new capabilities emerge.
- Defines and champions the technical standards of the team, ensuring high quality and consistent delivery, and supporting ease of collaboration across the group.
- With the DnA Lead, conducts backlog prioritisation & estimation, sprint planning, and tracks work from concept through to completion, providing regular updates on progress to stakeholders.
- Provides specific detail and clarity on work, with group and individual guidance, to the team’s engineers.
- Guides partner teams on effective data modelling, instrumentation, and platform usage, promoting the needs of Studios Quality and the DnA team in their work, and resolving dependencies.
- Collaborate with other teams within the wider Studios Quality org, and externally, on shared objectives and solutions.
- Regularly reviews team structure, process, technical approach, and effectiveness, and implements improvements as necessary.
- Identifies new, innovative opportunities and concepts which will further expand the capability and value offerings of the Data & Analytics team.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Designing, implementing, and deploying ETL systems & pipelines
- Project management, collaboration and organizational skills.
- Leading or mentoring less experienced engineers and analysts.
- Relational databases, e.g. SQL Server.
- Object oriented programming, e.g. C#.
- Source control such as GIT, TFS.
- Data Visualisation, e.g. Power BI, SSRS, Tableau.
- Self-motivated, with a passion for research, learning, and continuous self-improvement.
- Clear communication and effective collaboration.
- Ability to effectively articulate complex concepts and conclusions to non-experts.
- Prioritises clean, sustainable, engineering practices.
Additional experience we’d love to see (though not required):
- Data Science, machine learning, statistical models concepts and application.
- Cloud Computing experience, e.g. Azure, AWS.
- Unit testing, test driven development, automated integration testing.
- Non-relational/NoSQL databases such as MongoDb, DynamoDb, Cosmos.
- Agile development practices.
- Azure Data Explorer (ADX).
- Passion for gaming, with game development experience a plus.
- GDPR/Privacy considerations.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.