|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wealth Management - International Private Bank - Middle Office Analyst - Edinburgh
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions, in more than 100 countries.
The Wealth Management business offers individuals and families personalised, comprehensive financial solutions that integrate sophisticated management, capital markets, trust, and banking capabilities. Underpinning what we do is the desire to deliver a ‘first-class service in a first-class way’.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank advises the world’s wealthiest families and helps them achieve their desired goals. Our teams of Advisors deliver advice, solutions and services across investments, wealth planning, credit and banking to help clients build, preserve and manage their wealth over time.
Our team of specialists works seamlessly to help our clients achieve their financial goals and aspirations. We’re proud to be named ‘2019 Best Private Bank for Ultra-High-Net-Worth Clients’ by Euromoney: Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Lebanon, Qatar, Spain, United Arab Emirates and UK.
Operations are uniquely positioned at the heart of what we do. It impacts the business we undertake from end to end, being involved in almost all major steps of the transaction lifecycle as well as new initiatives (products and services) and vendor management. Operations work in collaboration with counterparts from all areas across Lines of Business, Technology, Finance and Corporate Functions. Our role is about maintaining the efficient processes our people rely on every day to do first-class business. We constantly strive to achieve the improvement that makes the firm one of the most respected financial institutions in the world.
Operations teams are aligned to either products (Bonds, Equities, Foreign Exchange, Loans & Deposits, Alternatives, Derivatives and Mutual Funds) or processes (Income, Corporate Actions, Asset Transfers, Tax, Client Reporting and Data Management).
We are offering you an exciting opportunity to join a growing team, in a fast paced and challenging area, working on complex products and processes.
Whilst the exact specifics of the role will be down to the team you are placed in, some of the tasks performed, and areas of responsibility you can expect to be included, are:
- Order management, trade capture, static data maintenance, client fee billing, asset servicing, position valuation, money transfer processing, settlement and reporting of all transactions initiated for/by International Private Bank clients worldwide
- The key focus in each of these areas is to ensure business activities are carried out in an efficient, controlled and timely manner. This is done by understanding, reviewing and implementing processes, systems and procedures in the context of a growing business, with an increasingly complex product offering
- Management of various product and client documentation processes
- Responding to ad hoc front office questions and requests as well as providing periodic product information updates
- Working with a wide variety of internal and external counterparties to ensure timely identification of issues and their resolution
- Support of the project agenda (both ad hoc and strategic) to meet the changing requirements in the industry as well as driving efficiency gains and risk reduction
Skills & Qualifications
Organised, with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
A proactive, pragmatic approach to problem solving
Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines under pressure
Team player and leadership skills
Self-motivated, with a high sense of integrity
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
Ability to work with, and manage, stakeholders
Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel
Knowledge of processes and products an advantage, but not a requirement
Beyond the above, we are most interested in what makes you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests, and achievements beyond academia/work that demonstrate the kind of person you are, and what you would bring to the team.
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete a video interview powered by HireVue
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.