|Job Type:||Full Time|
You will provide technical and operational leadership for all projects & products relating to communications and power distribution across the combined Subsea Production & Intervention Controls Systems Group. It will include functional leadership of Electrical/Electronic, Mechanical and embedded S/W Engineers and will have full responsibility for all aspects relating to the execution of all related projects within the Group.
- Leading a large team of multi-disciplinary engineers globally (Electronic, Electrical, Mechanical and Embedded S/W).
- Development of a world class multi-disciplinary engineering team providing overall technical guidance and development of a world class product offering.
- Management across leadership (both peers and senior leaders) to ensure delivery and flawless execution of all relevant based NPI and customer specific project deliverables (EPC and Brownfield Project types).
- Interface to internal and external regional clients, building relationships and world class response / interaction.
- Determination of product roadmap (along with Product Management), lifecycle and ongoing sustainability of the product suite.
- Development of mechanisms to drive improvements to customer outcomes through the application of data science / analytics to the large volumes of data generated from our deployed products.
- Ability to drive deep understanding of product performance through development and testing.
- Collaboration with the Projects and Systems Integration Engineering teams.
- Ownership of process improvements (Agile etc.) and Say / Do metrics.
- Ownership of S/W Quality procedures and overall governance.
- Diligent control of Technical Change process.
- Leadership across Product Service and 24 / 7 activities ensuring consistency of service and full rota coverage as needed.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in engineering or a science-based discipline or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent.
- Product Lifecycle management (PLM) knowledge.
- Proven Subsea experience across Production and/or Intervention Controls technology.
- Experience in leading global teams and developing talent.
- Deep understanding of Subsea architecture and ability to translate that into a winning Subsea offering.
- Deep understanding of embedded S/W languages and development processes (Agile etc.)
- Practical knowledge of NPI and project requisition processes.
- Ability to champion and promote the Baker Hughes Cultural Pillars.
- Experience developing world class, market leading products.
- Experience delivering projects on both small and large scales. Ability to travel internationally, as required, at short notice.
- Fluent English speaker.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
- Nailsea, UK
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organizationBaker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more