|Job Type:||Full Time|
As an experienced software developer, you will combine engineering expertise with a never-ending quest to explore innovative technology. You will have a passion for hands on development, designing technical solutions and coaching fellow engineers – all with an eye to the latest engineering practices - embracing public & private cloud, continuous integration / deployment and quality engineering.
This role is part of the Bournemouth Technology Accelerator, part of a global network setup to support engineering teams to exploit these practices. We work with lines of business to accelerate the Firm’s goal of modernizing engineering practices – working with our technology communities to grow knowledge, convert knowledge to skills in production through innovation events, and contribute back to inner-sourced projects to evolve engineer experience. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
- A passion to learn – for example you may be learning Python, experimenting with Rust, testing how concise Kotlin is, exploring the power of AWS or honing your SDLC.
- Confident to coach – as we engage in new topics you will be comfortable to coach engineers, even where you don’t have all the answers yet
- Hands on software development – you will have a passion for quality software engineering, automated testing and CI/CD.
- Decision making in technology design / architecture – for example ability to establish and communicate trade offs in designing applications as cloud ready.
- Industry awareness – a passion to know what is coming next, and most importantly how it may benefit the Bank
- Expertise in working in in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you
© 2018 JPMorgan Chase & Co.JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran