|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Support Engineering we're about helping customers realize their potential, from gamers to governments, mums to mega-corporations, we serve just about every kind of customer all over the globe. We are a community of engineers who have effective relationships with many amazing customers. In this role you will be curious and intuitive in your approach, with a passion for customer service. The role requires empathy, a passion for learning, excellent communication skills, the ability to think differently than the crowd, and a genuine desire to help people do their best.
This role provides technical support Azure Monitoring and Automation Space to Microsoft customers, partners, internal staff and/or others on critical issues experienced with Microsoft technologies.
A Support Engineer is responsible for providing quality support for Azure Monitoring and Automation with a high degree of customer happiness; provide responsive and reliable technical solutions and information to Microsoft customers.
Azure Monitoring and Automation includes
- Azure Automation
- Azure Log Analytics
- Azure Monitor Alerts
Positively represent Microsoft and communicate with corporate customers via telephone, email, Teams in order to finding solutions for technical problem identified in Microsoft products.
As a member of a team, pursue technical problems in the enterprise space, involving broad and in-depth product knowledge by using collaboration and receiving mentoring assistance as needed. Frequently, these problems are politically charged situations as well, requiring the highest level of customer service.
Responsible for managing the relationship with these customers and thoroughly documenting their cases.
Participate in case triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and develop efficient customer solutions.
Consistently share best practices. Write technical articles and blogs for guiding other team members and customers.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- Work is office-based, but occasionally there is the need to travel to attend meetings.
- Collaborating with colleagues across teams, time zones and technologies, working closely with brilliant Support engineers, product groups and progressive customers.
- We work with a diverse range of customers; from small dev shops and independent software vendors (ISVs) to blue chip organisations.
- Resolving customer technical problems
- Opportunity for personal growth
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Required Skills: Strong knowledge of Windows OS, Client/Server knowledge, understanding of Cloud services, Azure, Azure Active Directory, PowerShell, TCP/IP and HTTP.
- Preferred: Strong Linux OS Knowledge, Windows Update/Patching
- Good Communication Skills - spoken and written English.
- Additional languages are a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills and customer focused attitude.
- Three or more years’ experience in systems deployment/admin, network operations, software support or IT Consulting,
- Effective learning skills and the ability to learn on the go.
- Strong problem-solving skills, includes troubleshooting, problem analysis and resolution, good judgment/decision making ability.
- Genuine passion for technology and desire and aptitude to increase technical skill level required.
- Recent work experience in a customer facing role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Experience of building relationships with customers
- Ability to build the trust of a community
- Self-motivation and an ability to use initiative
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to ambiguous and changing situations
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.