|Job Type:||Full Time|
The probabilistic inference team at Microsoft Research Cambridge is looking for capable research software engineers with an interest in developing the next generation machine learning systems. You will work in a team of researchers and engineers to design and implement novel machine learning solutions, scale them up, and ship them in production. Our team has a strong history of productizing model-based machine learning research, including a probabilistic programming framework, email classifier, recommender system, player ranker, and a knowledge mining system.
Role Type: Individual contributor
Work in a team of researchers and software engineers to develop state-of-the-art machine learning systems and deploy them in production.
- Master’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Maths, Engineering, or Physics
- Experience in and passion for software engineering
- Knowledge of and passion for Bayesian statistics
- Ability to work in a team
- Experience in developing and deploying large-scale machine learning systems
- Experience with a probabilistic programming framework (Infer.NET, Edward, Pyro, etc.)
- Experience in productizing research
- Familiarity with the Microsoft stack (Azure, .NET, etc.)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We offer a competitive salary.