Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion into 2020, we are currently seeking an experienced Head of HPC and Grid Services to join HSBC Technology.
This team manages and develops the service for highly intensive calculations and memory bound problems for pricing, trading and increasingly accurate risk management of diverse and complex portfolios, while also supporting the Global Banking and Markets (GB&M) business and Risk function. HSBC has leveraged grid middleware to manage and gain efficient use of distributed computing, enabling incremental scalability across our hub locations in the UK and the US.
The role of the Head of HPC and Grid Services is to be responsible for the ownership of the enterprise Grid strategy and operationally responsible for the offerings and staff associated with those environments.
- Take ownership of the Enterprise Grid Strategy including contributing to HSBC’s public cloud strategy for compute provisioning
- Enhance the HPC and Grid Service level offerings, through re-definition, implementation of new policies and providing real-time MI to IT Service standards
- Work with GB&M and Risk Software Development teams on code optimization, performance tracking and optimisation and onboarding new business functions
- Functionally manage the team of Grid specialists around the world responsible for service implementation, configuration, maintenance and engineering of new and existing grid environments.
- Provide technical thought leadership in evaluation of new technologies to meet business requirements and influence key stakeholders leading to adoption.
- Review the HPC and Grid Services Architecture and operations in line with Security Architecture Principals and Policies including a review of data classifications within the end to end systems flows
- You will be expected to visit offshore trams approximately once every 2 months or when business critical.