Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2020 and beyond, we are currently seeking a Senior AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer to join HSBC Technology.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to grow our Global Cloud Services team, supporting a multitude of project teams across the world to adopt Cloud services as part of our “Cloud First” strategy.
In the Global Cloud Services AWS Adoption team, we are specifically looking for individuals who are passionate about AWS and have built and supported a rich variety workload across a broad range of AWS services.
You’ll be joining a team of equally passionate and skilled engineers, architects and cloud gurus who evangelise the cloud, especially AWS, and enjoy helping others to adopt cloud services.
We work in an agile team building highly resilient, scalable, performant solutions in an automated and efficient manner.
Supporting project teams to build safe, reliable and secure systems that address HSBC’s business needs is fundamental to this team’s responsibilities. To do this, we need people who will:
- Contribute to the security controls in place that ensure the security of HSBC’s assets that evolve continually with AWS improvements and evolving project needs.
- Build and automate tooling and services that help many / all projects to build things in a secure and efficient way.
- Develop robust artefacts including code modules that help project teams to get their security profiles right before any infrastructure is built.
- Write clear documentation outlining everything that we build, highlighting the key points that can be read by technical and non-technical people.
- Represent HSBC as Subject Matter Experts for all things AWS