|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
Economics and Investment Strategy helps public and private sector clients make the largest multi-billion pound decisions through bringing together our team of modellers, economists and business case experts to provide clear answers about potential impact, benefits and return on investment. Our evidence-led and quantitative approach helps bring clarity in an increasingly complex world.
Our team is growing at pace and is working with some of the largest clients across Government and industry, applying economic principles and the latest analytical methods to develop practical solutions for competition policy, regulation and policy, business strategy, econometric forecasting, and more.
We are looking for exceptional Competition economists at the Managing Consultant level to help build the competition practice within our economics team. This is an unique opportunity for senior competition economists to build a new practice in a global consulting firm with a track record of delivering award-winning work.
What we're looking for
PA Consulting is a global consulting firm with a track record of delivering award-winning work
The role involves:
- Leading the delivery of large and complex competition policy engagements, including managing significant teams and senior clients
- Developing and maintaining client relationships at a senior level
- Taking a leading role in helping to grow the competition economics practice and generate sales
- Pushing the boundaries of our thinking including the development of new approaches and methods
We are looking for exceptional and creative competition economists at the Managing Consultant level to help build the competition practice within our economics team. We hire specialists who have built a trusted network in their particular field, who will continue to build and expand our Practice.
You will be confident in selling professional services and in building a pipeline through relationships that you have established. The best candidate will be ambitious and have proven experience independently achieving business development targets.
We think you will be a great fit if you have:
- A Masters or PhD from a leading university in Economics
- Experience of leading and delivering complex Competition economics projects in consulting, industry or government
- A passion and ability for the practical application of economics with a particular focus on competition policy
- Experience of leading projects in the context of: analysis of competition concerns in relation to horizontal or vertical mergers, cartel damage estimation, abuse of dominant position allegations, market studies and market investigations, vertical agreements, etc.
- A leader with a proven track record of driving complex strategies and projects, ideally in a consulting house or public sector.
- Skilled at developing strategic relationships, working with senior stakeholders on high profile work, whilst mentoring and coaching junior team members
- Client-driven, able to perform in high pressure situations and above all have an analytical mind-set
- Experience of leading teams and developing people’s skills and capabilities
- Strong communication skills
- Good written English
Benefits package at PA:
- Private medical insurance
- Transport allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets.
This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.