|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
Consumer electronics, medical devices, diagnostics and more - our clients need PA's support delivering their product development strategies, and your can help.
Our team of Mechanical Design Engineers is a highly respected and a highly valued part of our Technology and Innovation consultancy group. We are looking to grow this team significantly where you would be developing creative technical solutions for manufacturing processes and machine designs of “new to market products”.
We provide a one-stop product development service that takes products to market, from advising on business cases and creating initial concepts through to design and development; from manufacture and supply chain set-up to ongoing support for lasting success.
To enjoy this job and the variety of problems to be solved a good technical breadth is needed to adapt well to our consulting environment. This will make the most of your proactive and creative approach to your work, your aptitude and ambition, and your ability to apply your skills to the creation, analysis and development of devices and modules used across a wide range of industry sectors.
What we're looking for
- Minimum 2:1 degree in Mechanical Engineering or related subject or equivalent experience
- High level of proficiency in 3D CAD systems; preferably SolidWorks
- Thorough understanding and proven experience of mechanical engineering fundamentals
- Familiarity with the design and development of laboratory automation or manufacturing system equipment
- Strong analytical and problem solving capability
- Customer focus, with a professional and confident communication style
- The ability to innovate and think freely
- Energy and enthusiasm to take on new challenges in a range of industry sectors
- Able to solve problems using both logic and creative/innovative approaches
- Numerate and highly computer literate, with excellent analytical skills
- Able to plan and prioritise, work to deadlines and under pressure
This is a unique opportunity to join a team that works on projects with real-world impact. By interacting with our Applied Sciences, Industrial Design, Data Sciences and Software teams, the Mechanical Engineering group can deliver truly innovative solutions to our clients that range right across the industrial sector! If you enjoy challenge and variety and don’t want to be pigeon-holed into a one-type-of-solution model, then PA is well worth considering:
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.