|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
- Health Care, Diagnostics and Bio-Detection -
The Product Design and Engineering (PDE) group functions at the heart of PA’s Innovation division by providing rapid prototyping, product development, innovation management and technology expertise. Made up of engineers, software developers, data scientists, designers and applied scientists, the PDE group has the ability to deliver across a huge range of technical problems and industry sectors.
We look for people who have a strong technical depth, a drive to create impactful products and a client-focused attitude. You should thrive on variety, challenge and the ability to own a project and drive it to completion.
As part of PA’s continued success in the Healthcare and Life Science industry space, we are looking for a Managing Consultant who wants to serve as PA’s spear head promoting innovation and product development services around medical devices, invitro diagnostics, laboratory automation and related technologies.
If you are a self-starter, who thrives on challenge and reward for commercial success, then this an opportunity you should consider.
What we're looking for
The Managing Consultant (MC) role is a fusion of business development, project management and technical delivery, and is a crucial part of PA’s service offering. You should have a strong track record in developing diagnostics, POCs and/or similar life science/healthcare products. You should understand the complexities of merging biological assays with hardware components and the regulations that govern this process. You background could be in engineering, natural sciences or similar, but you will have quickly migrated to where these subjects merge.
You will be comfortable combining your technical background with commerciality and be confident selling PA’s services at the highest levels or organisations. The MC role has a heavy element of commercial selling, so you should be comfortable developing a sales pipeline using the contacts and knowledge you have built up.
You must have led work-streams and developed innovative propositions in the following types of business assignments:
- Product development and product lifecycle
- Prototyping and proof of concept
Some Key Duties:
- Develop commercially viable propositions and be confident taking them to market
- Design, deliver and lead large scale and complex projects
- Work within mixed consulting and client teams, planning, managing and delivering work
- Develop strategic client relationships, working at the senior levels on high profile work to tight timescales
- Managing project teams (2-10 people) whilst still being actively involved and taking ownership of delivery
- Responsible for quality, profit and project planningCandidates must have strong interpersonal skills, be customer-focused and be willing to travel on business. In the majority of cases, assignments will be in the UK and Europe. All candidates must be able to demonstrate successful business development skills within the professional services industryThe nature of our business means that we can not only offer our consultants an exciting variety of work, but also the opportunity to see an initial idea develop into a real tangible product over a relatively short time period. As consulting professionals, we like nothing better than delivering a product solution that provides our clients with a competitive edge.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.