|Location:||City of Bristol|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
Defence and Security Consultants, Professional Services Team
- Are you driven by a desire to make a difference to the Security of the UK?
- Do you enjoy solving complex problems using logic, creativity and interpersonal skills to find appropriate solutions?
- Are you comfortable engaging with and becoming a trusted adviser to clients from all levels of seniority?
- Would you be keen to work collaboratively with diverse teams of experts and draw on your own experiences to develop and publicise insight that could shape thinking across the sector?
- Is being able to shape your own career pathway and support the development of others through leading teams important to you?
Isn’t it time you joined us?
Become part of the Team; PA’s Professional Services Team (PST) is part of the Defence and Security Sector, undertaking client-facing roles on specialist assignments or working alongside consultancy teams. We specialise in Business Cases, Systems Engineering and Project Controls, but we are looking to deepen and broaden these capabilities in IT and technical opportunities across government and industry. The PST is a growing, 30-strong team delivering value and excellence in daily commuting range along the M4 corridor. We would also like to build capability in London and the central south of England.
What we're looking for
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for team members who love working with people and delivering great outcomes for our clients. We value a diverse professional background, but we expect you to be qualified in a recognised framework or be an experienced specialist in one of our core capabilities. We have opportunities at all grades, so your entry level will depend on your experience and range of skills. If you have some of the following skills and experience, we can offer the opportunity to make the most of them and to develop in other areas to build your career.
- A good first degree or masters in a relevant subject
- P3M experience
- Axelos (eg Prince2) or APM-qualified
- Agile or ITIL-qualified
- Project Controls tools
- Better Business Case-qualified
- Logistics (ILS, supply chain management)
- Systems Engineering
- Military or Civil Service staff-trained
- SFIA level 3 or above
- Safety Engineering
- Financial analysis
- Membership of a relevant professional body
You will also need to hold or be eligible to hold UK security clearance; more information about the requirements for this role can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
PST benefits package at PA:
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we create opportunity from complexity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.