Assistant HBUK Company Secretary – HSBC UK Bank plc
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC UK Bank plc (“HSBC UK”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, formed under the Banking Reform Act 2016 as the ring fenced bank in the UK. HSBC UK provides retail banking and wealth management, commercial banking and private banking services in the UK, and by size alone would sit in the FTSE 25 if it were separately listed on the London Stock Exchange.
The Company Secretarial global function (of 160+ FTEs) is led by the Group Company Secretary who reports directly to the Group Chairman. The HSBC UK Company Secretarial function (a total team of 8) is led by the HSBC UK Company Secretary and supports HSBC UK and its subsidiaries in all aspects of corporate governance.
We are currently seeking an experienced and qualified individual to join this busy and dynamic team in the role of Assistant HBUK Company Secretary.
Your responsibilities will include:
- All aspects of support for the boards in your portfolio (including planning, scheduling, review of relevant materials submitted to the Board/Committees and all associated governance);
- Supporting HSBC UK committee meetings in various locations in the UK;
- Providing day to day support for non-executive Directors and various Committee advisors. including onboarding and training requirements;
- There will be a large amount of exposure to non-executive Directors and regular interaction at the highest levels of senior management;
- Record keeping and responding to legal, regulatory and other external information requests, second line reviews and internal audits;
- Work closely with the company secretarial professionals in the function’s shared global service centre in Bangalore.