Azure Cloud Engineering Lead
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a Azure Cloud Engineering Lead to join HSBC Technology.
Your role is to develop technical capability to allow HSBC to host applications on the Microsoft cloud platform and consume services in a secure, resilient, scalable and efficient way. The Azure Engineering Lead role will ensure integration (E.g. Network, Firewalls, Proxies, AD, DNS, NTP, Firewalls, Operating systems etc.) between HSBC and Microsoft is fit for purpose and meets all of the appropriate HSBC security and risk standards.
The role will report to the Azure platform head and be accountable for a globally distributed multi skilled team of DevOps engineers. The Azure Engineering Lead is accountable for all other aspects of people management for their team.
You will work in partnership with the Azure Service delivery lead to ensure that there is a robust support process in place, the Azure Product managers to create a continuous feedback loop for customer requirements, the Security and Operational compliance lead to ensure the platform meets the appropriate security and risk standards and the Azure Technical Architect for key design decisions to ensure strategy and architectural alignment.
- Manage direct reports (Role definition, hiring, objective setting, performance reviews, performance ratings)
- Budget planning and managing budgets,
- Management reporting
- Escalation management
- Owner of all key implementation decisions
- Ensure all non-functional requirements for the platform meet Business needs and BCP requirements
- Ensure the Azure platform meets operational Risk framework to manage business risk
- Ensure all relevant architecture governance, policy, and standards are met
- Own engineering operating model (Agile, Waterfall etc.) and tools (Jira, GSD, Confluence)
- Represent the Azure platform in discussions with internal IT partners and Microsoft
- Maintain and manage all engineering information and knowledge bases for the Azure Platform and key implementation decisions
- Provide Management reporting to ensure data driven discussions for continuous improvement
- Embed an operations capability within the Azure cloud service team
- Define HSBC’s technological for the Azure vision, implementing technology strategies, and ensuring that the technological resources are aligned with the company's business needs