|Job Type:||Full Time|
The UK’s leading cash processing company – Vaultex UK LTD are a joint venture between Barclays Bank and HSBC. When it comes to cash processing we are thought-leaders; developing ideas that the rest of the industry follows and adapting our service to meet the needs of our customers. Simply put, our role is to ensure that cash is widely available for use and that people continue to have confidence in cash as a payment method.
Typically, Vaultex handle around £160 billion worth of bank notes and coins a year – which, if laid end-to-end, would stretch to the moon and back. An accredited Living Wage Foundation employer with IIP (Investors in People) Champion Status, our external recognition as leaders in people management ensures successful applicants will enjoy career development opportunities, structured training and an excellent benefits package and a generous company pension.
Having approximately 1 years’ experience the Junior Test Analyst will be looking to drive their career forward in collaboration with the practices and processes within the Vaultex Test Team.
The Junior Test Analyst will be required to work within the Commercial Technology Test Team and will be required to work within Agile teams, driving best test practice in line with departmental standards. The Junior Test Analyst will strive to champion quality across the department and will play a part in shaping our processes and delivering our Agile transformation, whilst all the time working towards enhancing and progressing their career.
- Work with an Agile test environment as part of a collaborative team to ensure Sprint goals are achieved
- Get involved in the production of test artefacts for functional, non-functional, integration and performance testing of applications, databases and infrastructure builds
- Assist with the provision of time and effort estimates for testing activities during a sprint
- Contribute and take part in 3 Amigo sessions to ensure backlog grooming is completed effectively
- Looks to utilise testing knowledge, where appropriate, to help assess, advise and implement the best test approach for a particular set of acceptance criteria
- Ensures that any risks associated with the agreed test strategy and the system test plan are clearly documented and surfaced to key stakeholders
- Involved in the planning of and coordinating of all sprints from a test perspective
- Involved in the planning of the system and acceptance tests and assists with the coordination of the execution of these plans
- Carry out validation, integration, system and performance testing of software, for both functional and non-functional requirements on applications and SQL databases, as well as testing infrastructure builds
- Raises risks associated with the testing and involved in any preventative action when any risks become unacceptable
- Identifies opportunities for test automation, works in conjunction with Test Analysts to bring test automation into the process
- Defect management using JIRA / Zephyr / Confluence
- Pair with developers and championing the use of collaborative ways of working
- Involved in the investigation and resolution of live issues in conjunction with our support teams
- Look to contribute to Agile ceremonies, including Spring planning, Retrospectives and Stand ups.
- Experience of Agile Testing Methodologies with the ability to deliver testing solutions within Sprints
- Ability to contribute to 3 Amigo Sessions
- Able to estimate User Stories and provide rationale behind the estimate
- 1 year’s working knowledge of SQL Server including testing data flows through systems, transformation, data reconciliation and data interrogation across the whole stack.
- Experienced in the testing BI and Data Warehouse development
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work well on own or as part of an Agile team
- A proactive self-starter, willing to drive issues to resolution with appropriate persistence and persuasiveness.
- ISTQB qualified, or prepared to gain qualification
- Knowledge and experience of Visual Studio, JIRA / Zephyr, Confluence, BitBucket, TeamCity
- An Understanding of object models and workflow, configuration management tools, and .NET development environments would be a plus.
- A desire through training and/or experience to be an integral part of the push towards greater levels of automation within the team.
- UI testing experience
- Knowledge, and experience of testing ETL, SSRS, SSIS, Cubes and stored procedures
- API testing using tools such as SoapUI / PostMan
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from the community. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check.