|Job Type:||Full Time|
The UK’s leading cash processing company – Vaultex UK LTD are a joint venture between Barclays Bank and HSBC. When it comes to cash processing we are thought-leaders; developing ideas that the rest of the industry follows and adapting our service to meet the needs of our customers. Simply put, our role is to ensure that cash is widely available for use and that people continue to have confidence in cash as a payment method.
Typically, Vaultex handle around £160 billion worth of bank notes and coins a year – which, if laid end-to-end, would stretch to the moon and back. An accredited Living Wage Foundation employer with IIP (Investors in People) Champion Status, our external recognition as leaders in people management ensures successful applicants will enjoy career development opportunities, structured training and an excellent benefits package and a generous company pension.
The Developer role is responsible for developing quality software and providing third line support of solutions in production. Developing quality software involves clarifying business requirements, helping to determine how the overall solution will work as guided by the product vision, target architecture and solutions design, following development standards, principles and patterns and making sure all code is adequately tested before being handed to the QA team.
The support side of the role may involve being a part of incident and problem management processes to ensure our services are restored and our customers continue to receive excellent service.
- Developing quality software
- Planning, design and documentation
- Supporting solutions in production
- Personal development (new technologies)
Full-stack development experience with Microsoft technologies, covering:
- .NET Core
- Web API (REST based APIs)
- Object Relational Mapping; e.g. Entity Framework, NHibernate
- Modern UI frameworks; e.g. Angular, React
- Databases – Microsoft SQL Server – Schema design and SQL
Ways of Working and Tooling:
- Strong experience of agile development practices as part of a delivery squad/cell
- Strong experience and/or appreciation of agile project management software; e.g. Jira, TFS
- Strong experience and/or appreciation of Git based version control systems
- Strong experience and/or appreciation of CI/CD practices and tooling; e.g. TeamCity, Octopus, Jenkins…
Transactional/Critical systems and integration:
- Desirable experience developing critical systems in a regulated financial environment
- Desirable experience integrating solutions with APIs and Middleware solutions; JMS, ESBs…
- Desirable experience providing third level support for production systems
- Collaborative, able to communicate effectively with the team on day-to-day tasks and during ceremonies
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude and takes pride in work
- Logical, analytical mind-set, able to solve problems without over-engineering
The majority of time will be spent collaborating with the team in the squad/cell and with peers in cross-cell initiatives. It is likely these interactions are technical in nature. There may also be times where discussions are required with business users during show and tells, UAT etc… where the expectation is the discussion is less technical and more requirements focused.
Demonstrable understanding of how to develop quality software through:
- Testing frameworks and practices; e.g. MSTest, NUnit, Selenium, performance testing
- Use of appropriate principles and patterns along with writing clean and secure code
- Integrating with monitoring and alerting frameworks
- Competitive Annual salary
- Up to 20% annual bonus
- Car allowance
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from the community. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check.