|Job Type:||Full Time|
The UK’s leading cash processing company – Vaultex UK LTD are a joint venture between Barclays Bank and HSBC. When it comes to cash processing we are thought-leaders; developing ideas that the rest of the industry follows and adapting our service to meet the needs of our customers. Simply put, our role is to ensure that cash is widely available for use and that people continue to have confidence in cash as a payment method.
Typically, Vaultex handle around £160 billion worth of bank notes and coins a year – which, if laid end-to-end, would stretch to the moon and back. An accredited Living Wage Foundation employer with IIP (Investors in People) Champion Status, our external recognition as leaders in people management ensures successful applicants will enjoy career development opportunities, structured training and an excellent benefits package and a generous company pension.
Our Application Delivery team is looking for an experienced Build Engineer to assist in rolling out and supporting our journey to Continuous Integration and Automation. We are building a new team of engineers that will be responsible for the design, build and maintenance of the business applications hosting platform, with a move to a hybrid on-prem / Azure cloud model.
This is a hands-on role where you will work collaboratively with the development and infrastructure teams to help build, automate and manage the application hosting platform along with building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring and operations, and troubleshoot issues in the dev and test environments.
- Building & Supporting hosting platform
- Planning, design and documentation
- Supporting solutions in production
- Personal development (new technologies, performance management.
Skills/ Knowledge/ Experience
- Design, develop and implement automated build, deployment and test pipelines and support the Continuous Integration system by automating builds, troubleshooting build failures and maintaining documentation as an integral part of the team.
- Work within the team of DevOps Engineers focused primarily on delivering technical solutions for improving the overall quality of application build, deployments, monitoring and alerting, with emphasis on resilience, stability, scalability and security across our lab environments
- Support the set up all team environments, source structures etc. during project start up
- Ensure that the teams design for deployment, passionately working towards automation and elimination of repetitive tasks, bringing your experience in modern tools to help support development teams deliver more effectively
- Work with Architect and Tech Lead on the adoption of new technologies in to the estate, ensuring that these are shared with other areas and that they align with standards etc.
- To support the team in identifying issues with code / deliverables
- Maintain quality documentation of infrastructure and operational/support procedures
- An ever-developing knowledge of and interest in technology, particularly DevOps and infrastructure advances
- Strong Infrastructure background
- Strong Microsoft Skillset e.g. Server 2008-2016, SQL Server, Active Directory
- Strong experience with VMWare
- Experience with Azure, with a focus on infrastructure provisioning and management
- Experience of automated deployment tools e.g. Octopus Deploy, Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of provisioning and configuration systems e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform
- Understanding of Continuous Integration technologies and approach e.g. TeamCity, Azure DevOps
- Understanding of Source Control systems e.g. BitBucket, Git
- Good scripting skills e.g. PowerShell, Python
- Good understanding of databases
- Agile/Scrum working experience
- Knowledge of networks and firewalls
- Collaborative, able to communicate effectively
- Able to communicate ‘upwards’ where necessary
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude and takes pride in work
- Logical, analytical mind-set, able to solve problems without over-engineering
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from the community. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check.