|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Network Rail
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain's railway. From Crossrail - Europe's largest civil engineering project - to investment in world-class stations and major programmes of electrification, we're involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures that this country has ever seen.
Undertake the development of detailed, fully resourced and optimised work plans for approval and provide an accurate and effective administrative support to the line manager and his team.
About the role
- Plan and optimise all agreed work activities for the section.
- Accurately update systems, databases and records as required.
- Produce Safe System of Work plans.
- Submit green zone access and isolation requests.
- Produce draft quarterly plans.
- Manage weekly Plan-Do-Review meetings.
- Represent Section Managers at planning meetings.
- Collate and maintain infrastructure maintenance records.
- Administration of rosters and timesheets.
- Support the administration of the Assessment in The Line process.
- Set up and maintain efficient filing systems for the Section(s) paying particular attention to confidentiality where necessary and also those documents deemed to be safety critical.
- Undertake general office administration duties for the Section Manager using a range of knowledge and skills to provide effective support.
- Work Plan production and resource optimisation skills
- Scheduling profile in work planning/scheduling system
- Core Planning Skills Level 2
- Knowledge of access and possession processes and systems
- Safe System of Work Planning Process and System
- Good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Experience of clerical support and office management
- Excellent time manager
- Knowledge of relevant IT systems
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Knowledge of operational railway environment
How to apply
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail.Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
Network Rail is required to comply with UK Government standards when carrying out pre-employment checks for all new starters; this includes a basic criminal record check. In addition to the basic criminal record check, in accordance with the UK Government we are also required to verify your identity, right to work in the UK and previous three years employment history.
Salary Circa £25,000
Closing date:Tuesday 17th December 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.