|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across Banking, Markets and Investor Services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. Managing $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Global Regulatory Risk and Controls team (GRR&C) is responsible for the cross CIB global regulatory reporting control environment.
A key area of focus and risk for the organization is managing, delivering and controlling the significant amount of regulatory and strategic change globally. The GRR&C team are looking for a senior VP to lead the GTR team responsible for regulatory and strategic change programs reporting into the CIB Head of EMEA Regulatory Reporting Change.
The candidate will need to demonstrate strong leadership, and manage a team of direct reports, as well as resources based in UK and Mumbai and lead a wider network of people who are accountable for the regulatory agenda.
The candidate will have project management and analytical skills, and be able to work as part of the wider global team, having responsibility for a significant body of deliverables which will evolve as new regulations emerge and strategic programs mature.
- Responsibility for following regulatory developments and understanding the impact to the Firm’s regulatory reporting requirements, including to relevant trade data systems and processes
- Project lead for delivering controlled and sustainable EMEA and UK strategic programs that have a cross CIB impact, including overseeing the design and delivery of robust UAT
- Overseeing the design and delivery of appropriate control frameworks ensuring sustainable, efficient and control-orientated solutions to regulatory issues
- Working in close partnership with Operations and Technology teams, as well as Legal and Compliance
- Manage the development and implementation of operating models and procedures which describe process, controls and governance for ongoing adherence to regulatory requirements and internal standards
- Actively participate, and where required input to, internal and external discussions (e.g. with regulators and trade bodies) to inform and influence advocacy efforts
- A background in Financial Services, with a strong understanding of CIB (particularly Markets) businesses and product sets
- Experience working with a regulatory driven agenda and assessing regulatory impacts to the business and Operations
- Experience of working with trade data across a wide range of asset classes and systems
- Experience of leading on large scale and/or complex change programs including leading system design, build and delivery
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically with respect to risk/control and regulatory agendas
- Experience of operating successfully across multiple businesses and functions, such as Compliance, Legal, Technology and the business leads
- Ability to consistently deliver work of a high standard, to tight timelines with a proven track record
- Navigating through uncertainty and driving to create clarity and consensus to enable timely delivery
Team and resource management with a focus on developing high performing teams
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Strong project management skills with the ability to shape programmes of work and respond to complex issues
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to succinctly communicate requirements to LOBs, engage stakeholders and drive decision making
- Effective relationship management skills to build partnerships across LOBs, Technology, and Compliance
- Able to work with senior management, reporting on project milestones, key deliverables and obtaining key stakeholder sign offs
- Proactive and creative problem solving with business process reengineering skills and the tenacity to drive to root cause
- Deals comfortably with ambiguity and uncertainty; effective at working with multiple functions across regions and time differences
- Sound judgement and effective prioritisation skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective networks and relationships at all levels including demonstrable strong negotiation, influencing and relationship management skills
- Understand impact of external factors such as regulatory change on business strategy and processes