|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are FundApps - a fast-growing scale-up that helps investment managers harness the power of community & technology to automate regulatory compliance. We have a stellar list of high-profile clients (including 4 of the world's 10 largest hedge funds) and an addressable market of over 2,000 institutions globally. We are the market leader for shareholding disclosure and have successfully bootstrapped our way to profitability. Strong market traction underpins our desire to transform the investment industry and we have an incredible amount of freedom when it comes to creating our own destiny.
We've won multiple accolades from organisations such as Wired, The Financial Technologist, World Economic Forum and Deloitte. Read more about us and see a video of us live in action: https://fundapps.workable.com/
We are looking for a motivated, intelligent individual to join us on our FundApps Graduate Programme in our Content Team. At FundApps you will see the inner workings of a fast-growing, bootstrapped scale-up. You will be working on real-life problems and be contributing to the success and growth of the Content team and FundApps.
The Content team is responsible for reviewing and analysing financial regulations and translating these regulations into algorithms. The team supports our existing clients with queries related to the interpretation of financial compliance regulations across 93 jurisdictions, as well as working directly with Allen & Overy, our legal information provider.
You will also be able to get your hands dirty and help coding rules directly into our rules engine as well as work with the development team to enhance the functionality and scope of the rules. It is a role with a unique mix of finance, law, and tech!
The FundApps Graduate Programme will commence in September 2020 and last for 18 months. As part of the programme, you'll have access to a mentor, tailored training opportunities and workshops, a 3-6 month secondment in another team and be part of our Insights Discovery development programme.
At the conclusion of the programme, you can deploy into a Regulatory Analyst role in our Content team and continue your FundApps journey with us!
What you'll be responsible for:
- Helping make process improvements evidenced by process metrics to track performance
- Supporting the creation, maintenance, and enhancements to the rule testing framework to ensure that the rule algorithm follows a test-driven-development structure.
- Communicating with developers, product management, and other team members regarding modifications and enhancements to our service driven by regulatory change.
- Promoting and ensuring best practices for the team is documented around the coding and testing of regulation to ensure the highest levels of accuracy.
- Working with the team to express complex financial regulation into a domain-specific rule language.
- Researching and keeping on top of next gen-tech which the team could utilise.
- Studied OR currently studying a law or related tertiary qualification/degree/certification
- Super hungry to learn about the world of regulation in a SaaS company
- Permission to work in the UK
- Be an awesome teammate with a sense of humour!
- An interest or experience in scripting or coding
- Knowledge of financial instruments (equities, bonds, derivatives etc)
- 🎓 £1,000 learning budget each year and unlimited professional development leave
- 💰 Peer micro-bonuses through Bonusly
- 🕐 Flexible working - 90% of our team do it regularly
- 🚢 25 days holiday leave + an extra day next year if you use it all
- 🎁 Birthday off
- ❤️ Unlimited volunteering leave
- 👶 26 weeks paid leave for all new parents regardless of gender, location or family structure
- 😷 Unlimited sick and compassionate leave
- 🎤 Monthly team outings, including crazy golf, karaoke and escape rooms
- 💡 Peer-led ‘Brown-bag lunch’ learning sessions
- 💰 Matched pension contribution up to 10%
- 🏊 Flexible wellbeing allowance
We are proud of the diversity of all FundAppers - it makes us strong. You will find flexibility around religious observances, our national flags all around the office, a monthly ‘Laydeez who lunch’ and a Pride celebration with some epic Cher and RuPaul playlists! If you’re looking for a workplace where you can just be yourself, you’re in the right place.