|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We’re makers, inventors, and leaders who aren’t afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
Baker Hughes currently has an opportunity for a Proposals Analyst to join their team in Aberdeen, for a fixed term contract of 6-9 months.
The role reports to the Subsea Production Systems (SPS) Europe, Middle East and Africa Regional Commercial leader and offers a fantastic pathway into more senior and wider commercial positions within the business. The role principally entails the preparation of financials (cost and price) components of large Subsea Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation Project (EPCI) proposals/bids, compliance with contract commitments and commercial risk assessment.
- Ownership of cost models for Subsea Production Systems (SPS) tenders and combined consortium SPS plus installation tenders
- Coordinate cross functionally and regionally to obtain information to facilitate a quality proposal response
- Support to regionally based EPCI Tender Managers
- Liaising with the business’s various centers of excellence and support functions to collate costs and deliveries
- Take broader responsibility to manage the preparation of existing contract work order call offs and budgetary quotations
- Completion of cash flows with respect to ensuring suitable milestone payment & cancellation terms are agreed
- Prepare and maintain benchmark comparison data for pricing
- Responsible for completing work order breakdown alignment the ITT pricing tables
- Reasonable for supporting the sourcing (procurement) team in obtaining quotations and costing for vendor supplied components
- Completion of commercial risk tool to ensure correct mitigation are established
- Assist in responding to commercial clarifications during tender phase
- Completion of handover documentation to the operational business upon contract award
- Read and review tenders to understand commercial risks and impacts
- Liaise with Project execution teams to ensure constructive feedback is captured in future bids
- Ownership of all aspects of remuneration for bid submissions
- Liaise with commercial finance to establish cost and risk profiles for FX, CoC, CoPQ, warranty etc.
- Keep on top of latest cost trends and make-buy decisions
- Completion of costs configurator tool and gain approval from execution fulfilment
- Liaise with planning to ensure accurate development and cost alignment with the tender’s project schedule
- Attend engineering design reviews and CTR reviews
- Assist System Application Engineering with best practice and ensuring commercial considerations are considered in product selection
- Coordinate with quality ensuring alignment between our quality plan, schedule and cost models
- Ownership of cost escalation/de-escalation by liaising with commodity managers
- Responsible for Price Adjustment Mechanisms
- Liaise with pricing team to understand cost targets and ensure alignment between pricing, costing assumptions and scope
- Assist other regional hubs as required to ensure best practice and lessons learned for cost and price are established and shared globally
- Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying, Business, Finance, Engineering or a comparable degree from an accredited university / college or equivalent experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. High degree of numeracy
- Training on our estimating software tool will be provided if required
- Whilst not essential for the right candidate, a technical working knowledge of Subsea Oil & Gas equipment / products would be very beneficial.
- Some finance / accounting knowledge.
- Aberdeen, United Kingdom
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more