|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers Microsoft's cloud services. Within this Team, Site Acquisition is generally responsible for a wide variety of activities associated with the acquisition of leases to support datacenter deployment and other innovative real estate solutions to enable continued datacenter expansion.
The Site Acquisition Manager is a regional real estate and acquisition manager responsible for leasing and acquiring datacenter capacity, real estate, utilities and datacenter related infrastructure, primarily in EMEA. Additional responsibilities include performing analytics and conducting market research on targeted metros and regions, new countries, metros, and target locations, developing acquisition opportunities, and commercial terms with landlords and stakeholders, making executive proposals on acquisitions, and constructing and negotiating leases and related real estate agreements. This will include new, Colocation leases as well as lease renewals. The Site Acquisition Manager will work closely with our regional demand planning, engineering, construction, security, networking, energy, and operations teams as well as with various global teams and leaders.
- Work with capacity planners and network specialists to understand capacity needs and site requirements in assigned metros/regions
- Lead cross functional teams to evaluate, select, negotiate and recommend leases for approval
- Work with Finance reps to conduct Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) lease or build options to drive cost down, and help business to achieve deployment objectives
- Collaborate with internal business units and stakeholders to ensure primary responsibilities are aligned with group’s strategic directions
- Manage multiple lease projects and coordinate with internal team members, consultants, vendors, and external stakeholders
- Present Deal Summaries and Lease Abstracts to key decision makers for financial approval
- Work with internal law & corporate affairs personnel to drive preparation of executable lease documents
- 5 + years engaged of site selection and acquisition experience in mission-critical, large scale production or in direct lease contract negotiations for high-tech facilities
- 5+ years working in Datacenter, Manufacturing, or other high-tech industry
- Bachelor's degree in Arts or Sciences or Business or technical discipline
- Strong analytical, creative thinking, written, and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to apply critical thinking in complex situations
- Experience in leading complex negotiations, contract formation, and contract negotiations
- Confident, takes ownership, willingness to “do what it takes” to get the job done with proven experience leading complex negotiations/initiatives to successful completion
- Proven track record as a Team Lead or a Program Manager
- Must be able to deliver results or projects in a timely manner
- An understanding of datacenter leases is highly desirable
- Willing to travel domestically or internationally as needed
- General understanding of hybrid real estate solutions such as build-to-suit, Retail, and Wholesale datacenter leases
- Preferred, not required:
- Experience with corporate communications and public relations strategies
- Background in real estate development and land acquisition degree or training (or work as a paralegal)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.