|Job Type:||Full Time|
We would love you to join one of the leading online travel companies in the world helping millions of customers across the globe find and book the right hotel for them. You will get involved in solving problems and creating new innovative solutions by using some of the latest technology and approaches.
As part of the data science team working across Hotels.com and the Expedia Affiliate Network, we are looking for rock stars to utilise machine learning, advanced analytical and statistical techniques in order to drive millions of choices made on our websites and marketing decisions every day, to help give great customer experiences, improve business operations and enhance value for the company.
In addition the data science team has an R&D mandate, pioneering the use of advanced, emergent techniques across the business to solve the hardest problems, taking discoveries and ideas and transforming them into products and actions in a fast moving, commercially driven and results focused environment.
This can be summed up in our 3 core values of intelligent, enterprising and supportive.
What you will do:
- Working with product and technology groups across the company to enable the adoption of algorithms across the website.
- Develop, maintain and support the ranking and recommendation algorithms used on the Hotels.com website to directly drive conversion and gross profit for the company.
- Perform A/B test design, implementation and analysis on the website in order to determine the effectiveness of our efforts.
- Assist with counter fraud efforts, identifying anomalous behaviour and occurrences prior to loss events.
- Conduct research and development activities, data exploration and discovery, develop prototypes and proof of concepts.
- Stay up to date with the latest data science technologies and techniques and how they can be utilised throughout the organisation.
- Partner with data engineering teams to improve data as an asset of the business.
- Look for opportunities for insights/datasets/models/code to be used across other functions across the organisation.
Who you are:
- Good experience in an analytical/algorithm/data/software development role especially in online ecommerce environments.
- Good SQL/data manipulation skills required including cleaning and managing data.
- Experience with statistics/machine learning packages such as Spark MLlib, Python (scikit-learn, pandas), R etc.
- Scripting/programming languages a plus (Scala, Python, R, Java etc.).
- Degree qualified in quantitative field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning / AI
- Knowledge of test design, implementation and evaluation, with website A/B testing experience a plus.
- Real world experience with Internet scale data on a Hadoop or similar platform highly preferred.
- Experience with data visualisation tools and packages a plus.
- Willingness to work with unstructured, messy data.
- Self-starter and results orientated, able to work under minimal guidance.
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new things, techniques and technologies.
Why join us:
- Life here encourages you to navigate your dream career and choose your next adventure. We love solving problems, creating ideas and having fun.
- We’re a team of talented and diverse people from all over the world – we learn, grow and succeed this way.
- Our benefits are awesome too – 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays), Gym discounts, Travel Allowance, Pension, Healthcare, Leisure and Travel discounts, Gadget Insurance and Computing Benefits Scheme, Flex Allowance just to name a few! + of course a competitive salary.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with modesty and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our portfolio of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.