|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Network Rail
Network Rail is revitalising Britain's railway. We are involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse feats of civil engineering the UK has ever seen. This will help us deliver the better railway that is vital for the economic prosperity of this country, transforming how people travel and make a massive difference to passengers and freight users right across Britain.
Our vision is for our passengers and staff to get home safe every single day. This isn't an easy task when we operate in a hazardous environment with various moving parts and challenges. Safety is key to our success and a core value for us at Network Rail. If you echo our sentiment that safety is crucially important, join our team.
We are looking to grow our Health & Safety team with a further project leader to deliver our level crossing risks. Our progress on workforce safety is steady but your focus will be harnessing your real passion for safety to improve our operational safety.
- Are you passionate about working to reduce safety risks at level crossings?
- Can you work cohesively across teams to help bring new and improved technology into the Anglia Route to improve safety at level crossings?
- Are you able to work accurately on technical detail and passionately with our partners to make a difference?
You are our link between our frontline level crossing inspection teams and our engineering improvement teams. Your purpose will be to provide the technical detail and support to enable some of our crossing to be upgraded. These improvements will make level crossings safer for everyone. You can be proud knowing you are making a difference to our millions of passengers.
On any given day, you will be involved in:
- Agreeing the remit and success criteria of level crossing projects with the executive sponsors and functional directors
- Build collaborative teams across the different business function to facilitate the delivery of the project
- Challenge traditional ways of thinking and delivery to create efficiencies and improvements
- Monitor and manage the project budgets
You can expect to be mentored and coached every step of the way to ensure that you keep progressing your skills and career. We will also reward you with competitive salaries and a multitude of benefits. If you can answer "yes" to the following questions, we want you in our team.
About the role
- Are you truly passionate about project delivery and utilising project methodology to inspire change?
- Can you see benefits and trends to inform your next move?
- Will you challenge our ways of working to build a better safety culture?
How to apply
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
We follow a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range: £32,740 - £36,288.
Network Rail follow UK Government standards when carrying out pre-employment checks for all new starters; this includes a basic criminal record check. In accordance with the UK Government we are also required to verify your identity, right to work in the UK and previous three years employment history.
Closing date: 13-Dec-2019. Late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.