|Job Type:||Full Time|
Global is one of the world’s leading Media & Entertainment groups and Europe’s largest radio company. Home to respected media brands including Capital, Heart, Classic FM, Smooth, LBC, Radio X, Capital XTRA and Gold, Global reaches more than 32 million people every week including 25 million on the radio alone.
We handle these incredible numbers with a modern tech stack hosted in the cloud, with dynamic advertising and associated apps for schedules and content. We also have a suite of customer- focused apps – personalising radio stations and music selection, announcing What’s On at any giventime, and providing podcasts and catch-up content.
Finally, we have the Digital Audio Exchange (DAX) platform. DAX is an award-winning Audio AdTech platform which we developed at Global – it is the world’smost advanced and largest programmatic platform of its kind.
Global’s culture is exceptionally passionate and driven. People truly care about the business and strive to deliver the best possible results and customer experience. Anyone who joins the team, especially in a high-profile role such as this will need to share these values.
Global is about to embark on an ambitious digital programme which will include the creation of some exciting new capabilities and products. To achieve these ambitions, we are looking to build a digital hub – essentially a full suite of talented individuals to realise these ambitions.
As Technical Lead, you will oversee the output of an elite engineering squad. The actual shape of the team/squad/etc. can be influenced by you, working in conjunction with our Head of Content Technology.
This is a very important role which underpins many of the big ambitions Global has for the future. We are a business built on the passion and talent of those that work here. Our teams are made from people who care about quality, have pride in their output and, ultimately, about delivering a perfect experience for our audiences. We are looking for someone who shares these values and can bring with them their own excellent technical skills.
You’ll want to work with us if...
- You want to work in a highly dynamic environment solving scalability issues that directly affect our business.
- You want to use best practices, question them and then make them better.
- You want to work with smart people who passionately take ownership of their work from inception to deployment.
- You love automating all the things to improve reliability and reduce time to production.
- You’d like to be able to explain to your mum what your company does.
We’d like to work with you if..
- You have a solid expertise of Java 8 and above and you aren’t afraid to drop down to lower levels to solve a problem.
- You have the ability to describe data structures to your grandmother
- You have experience building distributed and scalable systems and have the scars to show it.
- You get so excited by new technology that you don’t care who you are talking to - they just need to know about it.
- You have the ability to work openly and honestly with a team to deliver the best possible solutions.
Not required, but it would be a plus if...
- You have some cloud experience.
- You have used relational databases to store your data.
- You have worked in an agile environment.