|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are Global, home to some of the biggest and most loved brands in the UK; Heart, Capital, Classic FM, Smooth, LBC, Radio X, Capital Xtra and Gold. We are also one of the leading Outdoor advertising companies due to our recent acquisitions of Exterion, Primesight and Outdoor Plus; not to mention, operating DAX, the largest automated advertising platform in the world.
Like many organisations, Global is looking to better utilise its data assets for commercial gain, however unlike others, Global has direct access to a broad portfolio of (often unique) datasets and a culture of fast-paced technology delivery that’s comfortable with turning ideas into action. We are seeking a data scientist who’ll help us to better utilise the vast array of datasets at our disposal for evolving our commercial and product capabilities.
You’ll be working within Global’s Data Team, who currently provide data and analytics to many teams across the organisation, ranging from revenue and financial, to ad-logs and broadcast streaming information. We’re looking for somebody who can work independently and easily immerse themselves in different business functions; answering business problems with data science techniques.
The ideal candidate will be smart and pragmatic; having a passion for solving complex problems but also be able to focus on work that drives real value back to the business. They will have experience of using modern analytical approaches to solving problems, perhaps via Machine Learning and AI techniques.
- Experience within a Data Scientist/ Senior Analysts role with a minimum of 3 years working in an analytical business environment.
- Ability to independently work with stakeholders to define analytical requirements and confident in changing business requirements into effective data models or analytical products.
- Experience working with visualisation tools such as Tableau, PowerBi, Qlik to present analyses and results to stakeholders.
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly changing work environment and have a generalist do what it takes mindset. You’re not afraid of getting your hands dirty and experimenting with new concepts and technologies.
- Proficiency with statistical modelling (R, Matlab ect.)
- Proficient in SQL and experience applying this in a business environment.
- Proficient with programming languages (Python, ect.).
- Strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders around the business.
- Experience of applied Machine Learning/AI (Tensorflow, DataRobot, ect.)
- Numerical/Computer Science Degree (possibly to further degree level)
Ideal Requirements (Non-compulsory)
- Experience working with Data Engineering Teams and an understanding of the data pipeline from origination to analytics end users.
- Experience working with Amazon S3, Snowflake, Spark/Databricks
- Experience working within the media/advertising industry.