|Job Type:||Full Time|
NortonLifeLock is a fast-moving global market leader providing world-class cybersecurity for our consumers. We have an extensive security history and a pioneering spirit, protecting our customers, their data and their identities for over 25 years. Our digital world is constantly changing and so at NortonLifeLock we never rest. We have built a rich and widespread intelligence network, constantly gathering data on threats from over 40 million endpoints in over 150 countries. That data is what drives our protection, enabling us to stop even emerging threats that nobody has ever seen before. It takes a non-stop operation to stay one step ahead of the more than 80,000 new malware threats that appear every day. We have a team of over 1,700 customer care experts across the globe to ensure our customers have easily accessible support no matter where they are – protecting them at all times.
About the Role: we are offering a fixed-term contract for 9-12 months with a view to permanency. Company benefits are included. (pension, health, life, holidays, shift allowance)
Escalations Customer Support Executive
We are hiring for our Consumer Escalations Support team (Level 3 Support), which is part of the Global Operational Performance Excellence team within Consumer Services and Inside Sales (“CSIS”). This Customer Support role will be part of our NAM/ APJ Consumer Escalation team based in Dublin. Working hours Monday - Friday shift work 4 pm - 12 midnight.
Work in the Global Consumer Support team to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty to reach the company's strategic goals. You will be expected to carry out the following tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage advancement cases and customer escalations within strict SLAs.
- Provide premium L3 support to customers by phone and email, the majority being cases advanced from frontline support, internal escalations, and letters.
- Take over complex customer cases from outsourced frontline support and conduct research until the resolution is found. Be responsible for follow up information to ensure there are no knowledge gaps.
- Handle customer complaints, primarily escalated from internal stakeholders like regional office receptionists, PR, Sales, Marketing and Legal as well as senior Executives, with the utmost professionalism.
- Monitor customer interactions handled by our outsourced support partners to determine the actions necessary to improve the overall quality of the support we provide. Work with the Support Quality team and other internal stakeholders to drive this.
- To ensure that you can achieve the above we expect you to remain up to date always with Symantec policies and procedures and the functionality of our Norton products. We also expect you to show the highest commitment to our customers and the Norton brand.
- You will also be expected to manage or participate in projects where required. Advice on training needs (product-related or otherwise) when necessary. Liaise with other regional departments to respond to queries and work with other company departments to resolve process issues.
Qualifications and skills:
The candidate must be an excellent communicator, as they will handle the most sensitive customer escalations and provide updates to internal stakeholders including senior executives. The ideal candidate is also a problem solver with strong technical skills.
- Bachelor's Degree, applicable certification or equivalent experience required
- 1-3 years’ experience in a support department, preferably in a software environment. Must have experience working in a support role dealing directly with customers,
- Experience in current operating systems and Computer Security Concepts.
- Excellent soft skills and ability to build credibility and rapport with individuals of varied backgrounds, both internally and with customers.
- Language skills are essential. Must have a native level of spoken and written English.
- Strong time management and ability to meet strict SLAs and deadlines.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Must have an acute awareness of international customer needs and be willing to learn about Symantec's needs as a business.
- Must be able to respect the diverse range of cultures both within the outsourced handling service & support and within all the Symantec offices you will be expected to deal with.
- Must have some technical ability and preferably come with experience in Consumer Security Software.
- The successful candidate will be trained to have a good working knowledge of all Norton products, systems, applications, policies & procedures.
- Qualification or training in Quality Assurance and Project Management is an advantage.
Accountability, Action-Oriented, Approachability, Customer Focus, Interpersonal Savvy, Listening skills, Patience, Priority Setting, Perseverance, Problem Solving, Decision Making Skills, Time Management, Innovation, Self-Driven, Dealing with Ambiguity, Adaptability to Change
nce, Priority Setting, Perserverance, Problem Solving, Decision Making skills, Time Management, Inonovation, Self-Driven, Dealing with Ambiguity, Adaptability to Change
Symantec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. Symantec strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, Symantec will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.