|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We’re makers, inventors, and leaders who aren’t afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
We are seeking a highly motivated, technical specialist to join the UK & Ireland BHGE Regional Infrastructure and Operations team. Candidate should be interested in all aspects of Digital Technology, design, implementation & operational support. Candidates will have a thorough dedication to service excellence, applying knowledge & experience to execute delivery of programs supporting the business. Candidates should be comfortable creating and sharing project plans with leadership and the wider BHGE Digital Technology community.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree, MSCE and/or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
- Design, implement, support and troubleshoot infrastructure including databases, applications, tools, networks, servers etc.
- Provide technical leadership to team and other supporting functions.
- Combine business requirements with technology to develop solutions that improve performance, availability and productivity.
- Identify & assist on Automation for the estate to reduce operational maintenance overhead.
- Identify and drive platform consolidation opportunities and cost savings.
- Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing environment to meet changing needs.
- Interface with other business teams to ensure the environment is secure, compliant and available.
- Capacity management, planning, budgeting.
- 5+ years’ experience in IT.
- Strong Analytical skills
- Experience of working with global teams.
- Demonstrated experience of systems design.
- Excellent Written & verbal communication
- Proven internal customer managements skills
- Technical documentation skills
- Experience of estate rationalisation
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server 2008-2016
- Strong working knowledge of networking including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS
- Strong working knowledge of Active Directory including Group Policy management.
- Working knowledge of backup technologies such as BackupExec, Netbackup and/or ArcServe.
- Working knowledge of SAN Storage
- Preferable experience of Hyper-V &/or VMware
- Scripting (PowerShell)
- SQL / Databases
- Ability to prepare statements of work, requests for proposal, and gather business requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate with business stakeholders – articulating value and how solutions can meet business requirements.
- Financial analysis skills.
- Interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities.
- Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources.
- Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships and creates processes with customer viewpoint.
- Change oriented – actively generates process improvements; supports and drives change, and confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways.
- Alton, Hampshire
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more