|Job Type:||Full Time|
Hotels.com – Finance Controls Manager
We are the Hotels.com Finance Team, and we are looking to hire a dynamic and hardworking individual to be part of our Finance Operations team.
As a key member of the team, this position works closely with both the wider Hotels.com business and Expedia Group corporate functions.
This role has responsibility for ensuring the business appropriately handles risk and operations in a rapidly changing business environment within the corporate matrix function framework, and also undertake significant financial projects from time to time. The role holder will be commercially astute with a shown background in interacting and delivering to a high standard within Finance and a wider business and matrix environment.
You will report to the Finance Operations Director, based in the Hotels.com London office.
Prior experience of working with IT General Controls is a definite plus but not a pre-requisite
What you'll do:
- Lead the Control and Compliance environment for Hotels.com, working closely with Corporate Audit Services / Internal Audit, Technology, Corporate Accounting, Reporting and Tax teams
- Partner with the Hotels.com business (in particular the Technology team) to ensure that all key SOX and business process workflows are detailed and updated on a regular basis, making sure certain robust processes, controls and best practice are adhered to.
- Be a part of the product design process for new initiatives with a financial angle, ensuring controls are in place where necessary and operating effectively
- Act as a liaison point in Hotels.com for the corporate Internal Audit and SOX teams – help ensure audits are facilitated and action points effectively implemented
- Work alongside the legal team in reviewing Hotels.com agreements, ensuring management correctly comply with contract authorization policies
- Run or work within teams on adhoc finance projects as and when required, ensuring best practice implementation
- Continually strive for improvement and development of the department, keeping pace with business changes and market best practice
Who you are:
- Qualified Accountant, preferably with first time passes
- Education: University degree, 2:1 or higher
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail for assessing operational risks and implementing sufficient and robust controls
- Experience with working with internal Corporate Audit Services Teams
- Excellent organisational skills to handle different projects at a time
- Commercial acumen and business partnering skills with varying divisions of an organisation
- Excellent analytical, communication and influencing skills (both written and oral)
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic with a professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes that our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We believe in flexible working and this role could be fulfilled on a flexible working set-up, this can be discussed during the interview process
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.