|Job Type:||Full Time|
Manage and execute our critical payment processes
Since GoCardless was set up in 2011, we have been focused on taking pain out of getting paid so that our customers can focus on what they do best. We already process over £10bn each year for thousands of businesses, and we are growing fast.
We work with a huge range of organisations: from small gyms and scout groups to large energy providers and travel companies, all using us to reduce admin and power their growth.
We’ve been spending the last year expanding our offering outside of the UK and Europe and are now operating 8 different payment schemes, including Australia and the US, and serving merchants in nearly 40 countries, with offices in Melbourne, Paris, Munich and of course, London (our HQ).
About the team
The Payment Operations team is crucial to GoCardless’ global payment processing. We are responsible for ensuring GoCardless’ customers are paid on time, every time, anywhere in the world. Working alongside our Engineering team, we are building a world class payment operation and need your help to get there.
About the role
We’re looking for a dedicated individual to join our Payments Operations team. You will be responsible for the day to day running of our critical payment processes - which are the core part of GoCardless that makes sure money gets from A to B every day. Customers rely on us to process their payments correctly, so it’s vital that you can ensure timely, accurate and compliant payment processing and take care of any manual interventions required.
Based in our London office, you will interact with a number of different teams across the company, such as Customer Support, Risk and Compliance and Engineering, to tackle our customers’ payment queries. You will also speak with external parties, such as banks and suppliers, so being able to communicate in a clear and concise manner is imperative.
This role will give you a good understanding of a number of payment systems across the world and an opportunity to learn the key players in each. A key focus will be to document team processes, mainly around how these payment systems work, in order to enhance and share knowledge across GoCardless.
We are expanding internationally so shift work will be required to make sure we process payments across different time zones.
What we're looking for
- You have exceptional attention to detail, are organised and diligent
- You don’t lose focus and always look for ways to improve - even if the task is repetitive
- You have a tremendous sense of urgency tempered by the ability to keep calm under pressure
- You’re curious to learn and not afraid to ask when you don’t know the answer
- You are keen to share knowledge
- You can prioritise multiple tasks and switch between them effortlessly
- You have an immense sense of ownership and proactively fix problems when problems occurs
- You like to dive into details to find the right answer and always follow through to the end
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have strong analytical skills and can identify where improvements are needed
Prior knowledge of payments is a plus but not a requirement. We will teach you what you need to know!
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you're unsure, please apply.