|Location:||Tyne and Wear|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
LNER is the rail company that stepped in and took over the East Coast mainline after Virgin Trains East Coast. We began our journey on Sunday 24 June 2018 and we have ambitious plans to change the face of train travel. We want to create a service everybody loves, that our people are proud to work for and helps the communities that we’re part of, to flourish.
We kept our promise to maintain a seamless transition between old and new. While doing that, we launched the future of rail travel, with our new Azuma train. It’s already a great success, introducing more seats, more space and above all, punctuality.
Whether you’re nipping to your auntie’s for cake and a cuppa, braving a meeting with the boss or treating the kids to a day of candy floss and sandy toes. We’re with you. Making it happen. Connecting towns and cities, people and places with pride.
Everything we do at LNER is geared towards delivering great experiences for our passengers, our colleagues and our communities.
Together, we’re driving innovation and transforming rail travel. By being on time, having more trains and more seats, to the huge leaps in engineering like our stunning Azuma train.
People, places and moving forward are top of our list. We embrace the communities that we operate in, welcome change and are determined to constantly improve everyone’s travel experience across the nation. Not only that, our team is proud to be part of LNER and because of this, they deliver a great service. A service better than anyone else because they care a little bit more.
That’s what makes us LNER.
Here at LNER people are at the very heart of our business. From our drivers to our marketeers and of course our chefs, every single person plays a role in creating exceptional experiences for our customers.
Whilst our priority is of course safely getting people from A to B on time, with the help of cutting edge technology like our brand new Azuma train, we're on a mission to transform rail travel on our iconic East Coast route. We are always interested in meeting new and existing talent, so if you'd like to join us on our journey there's no time like the present!
So, what exactly does an LNER chef do?
We're glad you asked!
As an LNER Chef you'll be responsible for:
- Managing our onboard kitchen and enhancing our customers' experience by preparing, cooking and serving high quality dishes which have been specially selected by our Hero Chefs.
- Working as an essential part of our onboard crew you'll be involved in ordering, monitoring and controlling stock to ensure that we not only offer a full menu whenever possible, but also that we're cooking with the freshest food and ingredients available.
- Keeping up to date with the latest product offerings and menu development, even contributing new ideas.
- Acting as the food safety professional on each service, our Chefs are responsible for ensuring that food hygiene and health and safety regulations regarding food storage and preparation are fully adhered to at all times.
- Spending time outside of the kitchen supporting our Customer Hosts with their duties and ensuring that our customers receive a truly memorable customer experience.
Think you can manage all of this whilst travelling at 125mph? This is be the job for you!
Reckon you have what it takes?
To make it as a Chef on board our trains you'll need:
- A professional Chef Qualification (NVQ level 2 in Food Preparation) as well as a thorough understanding of food hygiene and safety.
- To be a true foodie with a genuine passion for creating top quality dishes.
- The ability to work well under pressure, enjoying the bustle of being front of house as much as being busy in the kitchen.
- Great customer service experience and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven soft sales skills and experience of product management – you'll enjoy developing your knowledge around our onboard offering to share with both customers and colleagues.
- To be 18 or over due to the sale of alcohol onboard.
Still want in? We thought you might...
If you'd love to join us, then it's time to brush up your CV & click ‘apply', there's never been a better time to join the LNER family and be part of the best train operator in the UK 🚂
Good luck, we can't wait to hear from you!
What We Offer
We’re very picky about who works for LNER. So when you wear the LNER uniform, you have to be at the top of your game. Our customers expect the very best service and we expect you to deliver it.
In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary. Oh, and throw in a benefits package traditionally described as ‘generous’.
- Free travel on LNER trains for you and your dependants
- 75% off other Train operating companies (again for you and your dependants)
- Discounted international travel after one years service
- 50% discount for friend and family
- Generous pension scheme
Along with various schemes and offers
What happens next?
We promise we’ll let you know as soon as we can the outcome of your application and/or any testing you do.
If you are successful, you’ll be invited along to an interview or to take part in one of our assessment centres. These can include interview, group exercise, role play, or more tests (we have lots of industry standard tests that help us keep everyone safe!). During these sessions, we’ll get to know more about you and you can also make sure we are right for you – it’s a two-way process!