|Job Type:||Full Time|
Would you be excited to lead an effort to deploy modern machine learning models that make it easier for millions of people to communicate? SwiftKey’s powerful inference engine, and the models it runs on, provide corrective and predictive input experiences from mobile apps and desktop experiences to the cloud. Our technology uses machine learning at its core, continually adapting to users to optimise their input experience.
We are looking for an experienced deep learning team lead who is able to conduct and oversee research to evaluate and develop machine learning models, with a view to bringing them from the whiteboard through to the device.
Leading a small team that works closely with production engineering teams, you'll have time to work on deep/machine learning models yourself, as well as advising & mentoring your team on multiple projects. Your team might contribute towards any inference or prediction feature that helps SwiftKey and myriad Microsoft input systems; problems to-date have focussed on language modelling and interaction inference over spatial data. Our current deep learning stack includes PyTorch, Jupyter, CUDA and Docker.
- Lead projects to apply state-of-the-art ML models to practical user problems.
- Design, experiment with & train machine learning models of natural language and user interaction.
- Push machine learning projects through to production and analyse the impact on millions of users.
- Keep an eye on research publications in machine learning and promote appropriate & practical use of machine learning in our technology and products
- Mentor & train a focussed team of machine learning engineers.
You must have...
- Led a team project involving machine learning experimentation and implementation.
- Minimum 3 years' experience programming with deep learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow).
- Minimum 6 years' experience in software engineering or research roles.
- Mentoring / coaching experience.
- Ability to understand and reason about deep language models, amongst other model types, e.g. RNN (LSTM, GRU), CNN, RESNET, Seq2Seq, VAE, etc.
You might have...
- Developed custom NLP models.
- Optimised Machine Learning models for runtime (latency or throughput).
- Experience programming in C++ (or another systems language).
- Experience with batch or stream data processing (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, ...).
- Model training experience with CUDA, Docker & Jupyter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.