|Job Type:||Full Time|
An opportunity has arisen for a collaborative, supportive individual as a Business Development Assistant to work in our Altrincham office. You will work alongside our Business Development Team located in Altrincham, Colwyn Bay, Birmingham, Cardiff and Bristol. The candidate will be working closely with Business Development colleagues across the region, winning new work from new and existing clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
A bit about the role
You will be working in a supporting role to colleague who are responsible for business development. You will be responsible for communicating Mott MacDonald's expertise to increase opportunities, assisting in the preparation and coordination of bids and submissions through the procurement process, ensuring quality of responses and strength of brand messages. You will also be involved in the co-ordination and design of publicity material, whilst keeping an up-to-date and accessible 'library' of all material relating to bids and submissions, such as case studies, CVs and method statements, that the whole company can access. You will also co-ordinate, plan and assist at professional events.
This role will give you the opportunity to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders reacting to the needs of the team in line with business deadlines, developing and maintaining business development databases and other internal business development tools. You will be providing assistance to the wider Business Development Team, with the opportunity to travel to other offices.
Required criteria for ideal Business Development Assistant:
- At least 3 A-Levels
- An excellent understanding of MS Word and a strong working knowledge of all other MS Office products.
- An excellent grasp of English and the ability to write persuasive and concise marketing material
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with senior internal staff and clients.
- Willingness to learn and take direction
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload in order to meet deadlines according to business needs.
- Willingness to travel cross the region when needed
- Adobe InDesign (Creative Suite) skills would be desirable but not essential (training would be given if required).