Vacancies have arisen for individuals to join Freightliner at multiple UK locations as members of the Mobile Ground Staff team.
The successful applicants to the Mobile Ground Staff Team will need to be safety focused and committed to delivering a safe, reliable and best in class service.
- Conducting safe shunting operations in accordance to the relevant Railway rules and regulations with the goal of dispatching trains efficiently
- Load examinations
- Safety checks
- Resolving problems as they may arise
- Clean, full UK driving license
- Previous operational experience is desired but not essential
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative
- Flexible attitude to working hours
- Safety conscious with the ability to remain calm in emergency situations
- Excellent concentration and observation skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to relay important safety messages
- Customer focused and committed to the Freightliner brand
Certificate of competency in Ground Staff Duties.
The role involves shift based working which can include, early, late and weekend working.
As part of the selection process candidates will be required to attend a new entrant medical and a drugs and alcohol test.
Are you a reliable, committed individual? Do you possess the knowledge and experience needed to be a member of the Qualified Mobile Ground Staff at Freightliner?
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a fantastic final-salary pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team.
Freightliner is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please note that the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
Proud to be a Work 180 endorsed employer:
Freightliner is proud to partner with WORK180 as an Endorsed Employer for Women. WORK180 is the only platform that pre-screens employers to see how well they support women’s careers.