|Job Type:||Full Time|
An applicant is sought to work in Mott MacDonald's Water and Environment Unit, initially assisting and reporting to the Water Consultancy Division divisional accountant. The successful candidate will also provide support to, various portfolio managers within the division.
For more information about our Environment sector click here
For more information about our Water sector click here
A bit about your role
The role entails supporting the divisional accountant, who is responsible for optimising financial management at divisional level and supporting the unit. You will assist the divisional accountant & portfolio managers in evaluating and managing financial performance by monitoring project profitability, overheads and producing accurate monthly accounts. You will ensure working capital management focus is robust as well as provide financial information for projects and overheads for both project and divisional management. You will also investigate project cost and invoicing queries, process staff expenses, assist in the maintenance of the timesheet system and facilitate the processing of purchase invoices. You will also be involved in setting up and maintaining project management desktop (PMD) where appropriate and assisting portfolio managers with budgeting and forecasting.
Required criteria for ideal Portfolio Accountant
- Financially literate, numerically accurate
- Have suitable experience working in a finance department
- Studying towards a finance qualification (ACCA/CIMA) is preferred
- Has an excellent aptitude to working with and supporting colleagues - team player
- Motivated to a career in accountancy, working with project teams and divisional management
- Capable in using financial software
- Comfortable embracing the full range of duties from data entry / processing through to reporting financial performance to management
- Able to communicate well on financial issues, verbally and in writing, to an audience with varying degrees of understanding in such matters