|Location:||Brighton and Hove|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
The Energy Unit, specifically the Transmission & Distribution division are recruiting an Advisory Engineer to be part of an integral team delivering large projects across the world. We aim to provide our employees the opportunities to work on some of the most exciting projects and will support this with the required training and mentoring by experts residing in our UK and global offices. The role will involve working on the examination and assessment of technical, economic, and commercial aspects of various types of energy related projects.
* Providing technical electrical engineering input on a range of due diligence / technical advisory projects
* Undertaking (largely desktop) reviews of electrical assets, businesses and operating processes
* Reviewing the commercial / risk elements of the project from an engineering perspective
* Supporting and progressing into the management of bids and projects
Essential competencies / skills:
* Excellent report writing and communication skills
* Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
* Sharp analytical skills and the ability to present quantitative knowledge to non-experts
* Ability to meet tight deadlines and produce quick turnover on an often reactive basis
* Preparedness to travel worldwide on short business assignments
* Excellent working ability of MS Office, knowledge in other economic/statistical packages welcome
Desired competencies / skills:
* Ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams
* Previous experience in electrical infrastructure projects as Owner's Engineer, Lender's Engineer, or other role
* Appreciation of commercial sphere of project work including contract terms
* Project Management experience
* Proposal experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.