|Job Type:||Full Time|
Location: London (Angel)
Start Date: June 2020
Duration: 3 months full-time internship
- Penultimate year of a bachelor’s/master’s degree programme
- Permanent work authorisation for this location is required
- Please ensure you apply with your CV in English
- If you have graduated from university, unfortunately you are not eligible for this internship position. Please see www.lifeatexpedia.com for further opportunities
Are you a strategic thinker with a strong interest in travel, technology and data? Are you passionate about contributing to business growth? If yes, the Expedia Partner Solutions Commercial Strategy team, is looking for a forward-thinking individual like you to join us in London as an intern.
Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS) is the Business to Business (B2B) arm of Expedia Group, and we partner with thousands of travel businesses around the world. Our mission is to fuel our partners’ growth through our unparalleled technology, travel supply and support services.
The goal of the Commercial Strategy team is to drive effectiveness and efficiency of the sales team, through sales processes, tools, and data. We enable sales leaders to drive growth, using sales incentive plans, competency frameworks, segmentation strategy and other tools.
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern with a strong analytical and consultative approach, a high level of business insight and an interest in supporting business growth.
Learn more about Expedia Partner Solutions through our site below:
What you’ll do:
- Help plan and analyse our strategic approach and data to improve the effectiveness of sales teams
- Evaluate the impact of initiatives eg. changes to compensation or segmentation
- Analyse key performance indicators to identify areas of concern and any root causes
- Consider ways to improve reporting of critical metrics to increase efficiency
- Prioritise and work independently
Who you are:
You’ll fit this role if you have:
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree in any analytical field (e.g. Business, Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering etc.)
- A real passion for framing unstructured problems, pulling data and insights and creating clear presentations
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritise
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Interest in learning more about business and sales strategy
- Some understanding of management consulting, corporate strategy, finance or analytics would be beneficial, but is not essential
- Fluency in English essential
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.