|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you wish to take on a role with excellent opportunities for long term career progression?
If so, please read on…
A bit about us
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. We are a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions.
We are currently looking for an experienced H&S Leader to join the Health and Safety Advisory Unit
Mott MacDonald are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
A bit about the role
- Advise on matters relating to health and safety and environmental, including the obligations and responsibilities of managers and employees; and provide comprehensive and practical advice to operational leaders on best practise
- Be responsible for assessing compliance with , Health, Safety and Environmental policy and procedures on projects assigned to
- Ensure HSE practices and standards are consistent across each individual project
- Carry out HSE coaching and mentoring for delivery teams and stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with client safety rules when we work on their assets.
- Provide analysis of leading and lagging indicators to help inform the risk profile of projects
- Sustainability in construction
- Provide health and safety monitoring as defined by the project
- Ensure all data is captured using the appropriate tool for the projects
- Provide tactical review of data and improvement proposals
- Review the programme area performance each month to identify areas for improvement and develop action plans, and implement
- Ensure that best practise is shared and communicated across projects
- Develop cross project improvement forum
- Use the Near Miss data to suggest improvements that mitigate the issues raised
- Provide appropriate technical expertise to incident investigation teams to establish all causes and improve risk management. Ensure significant incidents (in any programme area) are investigated and reports are completed.
- Keep abreast of forthcoming new or changes to legislation and best practise, ensuring business readiness in advance
- Ensure that appropriate HSE briefings are developed and issued to support any improvement initiative or future risks
Job Profile :
Required criteria for the ideal Health & Safety Manager
- Health and Safety Management, Construction or Engineering Degree (Senior Advisor)
- NEBOSH National Diploma (Senior Advisor)
- NVQ Level 4 of high in Occupational Safety and Health
- Member of Institute of Occupational Safety and Health Chartered (CMIOSH)
- Major programmes and infrastructure projects
- Knowledge of working within power generation, High Voltage or Rail sector advanatage
- Involvement on strategic planning of projects
- Ability to handle complexity and problem solve
- Build a culture in which nothing is so important that we can't take the time to do it safely. Embrace the importance of health and safety in all circumstances leading by example.
- Create an open and collaborative environment
- Be aware of the impact other teams and individuals have on your work. Clarify expectations. Be reliable and professional in your response - build a reputation for providing good customer service.
- Live the continuous improvement philosophy - constantly challenge self and others in a realistic and positive way. Take responsibility for own learning and development and share experience.
- Take responsibility for team projects and outputs. Use personal energy to enthuse others. Acknowledge problems, own up to them quickly and offer solutions.
- Work with team to utilise everyone's strengths to best effect. Encourage personal accountability. Provide colleagues with regular feedback to assist their development and build overall team capability.
- Apply a mature understanding of process - keep things clear and simple. Utilise processes to enable.
Equality, diversity and inclusion statement:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.