Role Title: Lead Data Scientist
New or Existing Role? Replacement
- There are 5 core functions within Global Risk Analytics GRA, (1) Financial Crime Risk (FCR), (2) Wholesale Risk, (3) Op Risk, (4) Regulator Compliance (RC) Risk and (5) Traded Risk. Two of these functions, i.e. Op Risk and RC Risk are led by Giles Spungin. Advanced Analytics (AA) team serves multiple stakeholders within Op Risk and RC Risk. These areas of engagement are utilised in the bank’s risk management activities across various market conduct activities, including insider dealing, market manipulation, unfair wholesale customer treatment, etc. The team’s output forms the information basis for strategic planning, RC model risk management and broader Bank-wide RC activities. This enables effective decision making to satisfy business needs and regulatory requirements. Additionally it also assists the bank with addressing unforeseen challenges and new risk drivers.
- This role supports various analytical and highly quantitative projects within GRA RC function. The analytics team is involved in providing best-in-class Analytics solutions to the Regulatory Compliance (RC) function across lines of businesses and geographies. The team caters to both strategy and operations aspect of managing regulatory compliance through a combination of the following activities
- Enable Bank to monitor their transaction activity and generate automated alerts for activities that may be unusual and non-compliant with regulatory requirements and internal standards.
- Design, deploy, monitor and maintain models in various scenarios for various market conduct surveillance activities
- Support RC teams globally with analytical solutions for increased efficiency and operational effectiveness through models, scorecards and data attestation frameworks
- Define Compliance Metrics and Design / Deploy predictive MI dashboards to provide insight into system / process performance
- Support bank-wide Model Risk Governance framework
- Support proof-of-concept (PoC) and proof-of-value (PoV) evaluations
The incumbent for this role is expected to
- Develop solutions using various analytical techniques (specifically Machine Learning (ML)) for the Market Conduct predictive analytics activities through involvement in any or all of the following activities
- S/he will engage with various stakeholders within wider GRA function and provide technical (ML) leadership.
- Gather business requirements from senior stakeholder and translate their business brief into technical solution design
- Design detailed end-to-end ML solution architecture and associated business processes of their implementation
- Develop product backlog in consultation with senior data scientists and provide technical guidance to the development team to ensure the solution meets business brief
- Create agile delivery plan focussed at development of essential PoC features within strict time frame
- Develop solution deployment strategy and provide framework for change management
- Design of predictive analytics strategies and models, their prototyping and implementation
- Develop advanced machine learning capabilities to codify human decisioning
- Develop big data analytics and other infrastructure platforms for solution design
- Data Quality Analysis, Segmentation , Threshold Setting and Tuning for Surveillance Monitoring
- Trend Analysis and Dashboard Creation based on Visualization techniques
- Data Implementation Checks and Data Quality Assurance
- Development of model and data attestation frameworks
- Development of bespoke solutions and tools to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of surveillance within Regulatory Compliance
- Execute the assigned projects/ analysis as per the agreed timelines and with accuracy and quality.
- Complete analysis as required and document results and formally present findings to management
- Adhere with all the applicable compliance policies (Data security policy, operational risk, Functional manual, Group Compliance Manual, Audit recommendations, Internal Control requirements, relevant regulatory guidelines etc.) and the bank’s business standards as applicable.
- Lead projects and initiatives
including supervision and mentoring of team members