Asset Records Assistant
Salary range: £22.2k - £27.0k (Dependent on skills and experience)
An opportunity has arisen for the position of Asset Records Assistant, based in Horley and reporting to the Team Manager (Asset Records). The Asset Records Team play a vital role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of Network Transmission activities including asset change, PSSR, input and preservation of maintained asset records, scheduling and completion of maintenance inspections and reporting (including repair and replacement) in line with company policy and procedure and various key legislative requirements.
Who we are
SGN manage the network that distributes natural and green gas to 5.9 million homes and businesses across Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, our pipes deliver gas safely, reliably and efficiently to every one of our customers. It’s your gas, in our network.
What does an Asset Records Assistant do?
- Supporting Asset Records Officer with various functions including MI and regulatory reporting.
- Inputting and up keeping of maintained asset records, including interpreting project details and site drawings.
- Creating and realigning maintenance work schedules in line with company policy and procedure.
- Interpreting completed PSSR inspection certificates and raise remedial work if required.
- Liaising with Asset and Maintenance Managers and Engineers.
- Dealing with requests to supply asset information.
- Supporting with other Asset Management and Gas Control activities.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- You will be a good team worker but also capable of working alone, with the ability to prioritise workloads and work to tight deadlines.
- An accurate, conscientious and self-motivated worker, you will be required to communicate effectively and politely, both verbally and in writing, with colleagues, managers and customers within SGN and other external parties.
- Computer literate, experienced in the use of Word, Excel and Access would be an advantage.
- Patience and ability to gather information from several systems to investigate difficult tasks.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive starting salary and other benefits, including company pension scheme
- Plenty of potential for further development and progression within the Company
- Employment with a highly regarded, award winning company with a commitment to developing an equal, diverse and inclusive culture