|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Consumer Division of Symantec is now NortonLifeLock Inc. For comprehensive protection from a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety, visit www.nortonlifelock.com.
NortonLifeLock is a fast-moving global market leader providing world class cyber security for our consumers. We have an extensive security history and a pioneering spirit, protecting our customers, their data and their identities for over 25 years. Our digital world is constantly changing and so at NortonLifeLock we never rest. We have built a rich and widespread intelligence network, constantly gathering data on threats from over 40 million endpoints in over 150 countries. That data is what drives our protection, enabling us to stop even emerging threats that nobody has ever seen before. It takes a non-stop operation to stay one step ahead of the more than 80,000 new malware threats that appear every day. We have a team of over 1,700 customer care experts across the globe to ensure our customers have easily accessible support no matter where they are – protecting them at all times.
Senior Accountant, Cost and Inventory (note: Cost & Inventory go hand-in-hand at NortonLifeLock)
About the Role:
The Senior Accountant, Cost and Inventory is a primary process owner for Cost of Sales, Inventory, Revenue Shares, Rebates and Royalties. Responsibilities include making recommendations to improve accounting processes and systems using broad accounting and business knowledge to identify issues and opportunities. Utilizes various tools and reporting, collaborates with business partners to resolve open issues and accuracy of transactional data in systems, adherence to policies and procedures and completion of daily operational tasks. This role is also instrumental in the planning, implementing and maintaining of a cost and royalty accounting system. In addition, the Senior Accountant maintains effective internal controls and ensures accounting activities are GAAP compliant.
- Plan, control, monitor and maintain key cost accounting procedures and work closely with key business partners to determine cost of goods sold.
- Maintain global standard inventory costs for multiple inventory organizations.
- Apply various cost accounting techniques including standard costing with variance analysis (i.e. revenue, cost and gross margin) and inventory valuation analysis. Also includes the support of key business partners with forecasting and other analysis as needed.
- Assist with the implementation of a cost and royalty accounting system including COA design.
- Maintain inventory tracking accountability for multiple inventory locations within an integrated ERP software system.
- Prepare, analyze and perform various inventory transactions and accurate inventory reconciliations. This includes active participation in the planning and preparing of the inventory audit process (i.e. cycle counts and physical inventory requirements).
- Provides day to day accounting operations support.
- Proficiently operate in the accounting modules of an ERP System.
- Prepare and Review monthly account reconciliations, journal entries and account analysis.
- Participate in global standardization efforts for policies and procedures and account reconciliations.
- Prepare and review variance analysis for accounts and additional reporting as needed for management and SEC reporting.
- Prepare and review schedules in support of internal and external audit process and requirements.
- Work closely with IT teams on system issues, research, and help with UAT efforts in coordination with outsourced and global teams.
- Work with Accounting Manager and Technical Accounting on various matters for guidance and implementation of proper accounting treatment.
- Provide customer support to operational teams regarding inquiries.
- Review, develop, and maintain SOX controls as the business environment changes as a result of process, system, and policy enhancements. Includes risk assessments and review of risk areas.
- Coordinate and ensures ongoing compliance with SOX.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA)
- Working knowledge of US GAAP is desirable
- Global Company experience is desirable
- Minimum 3-5 years of Cost Accounting work experience including variance tracking
- Experience with a standard costing and royalty accounting system including variance analysis
- Ability to review and interpret legal contracts and its contents
- Outstanding oral communication, analytical and written skills
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough with the desire for continuous improvement
- Project management skills
- Ability to work independently and a strong team player
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of Oracle / SAP Finance module
Symantec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. Symantec strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, Symantec will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.