|Job Type:||Full Time|
We're looking to recruit a Software Engineer to deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices. Able to continually develop themselves with industry standard methodology methods and tooling used across their engineering teams.
At Lloyds Banking Group our aim is to create a forward-thinking engineering culture that supports the business in delivering high quality, efficient and positive impact outcomes for customers.
The role of our Principle Software Engineers is vital in ensuring the products we deliver are fit for purpose and meet the quality and standards that our customers expect.
Become part of our diverse team, and you'll experience a rare opportunity to make a difference to the lives of millions through our brands like Halifax, Bank of Scotland, Lloyds, and Scottish Widows (among others).
What you'll do
We believe that people don't fit neatly into roles, and we value everyone's individual skills, experience, and knowledge - it's what makes you awesome!
What follows is what you might find our Software Engineers mostly doing, but your experience will flex depending on the team's needs, and your own aspirations. Our objective is to grow and create an environment where you can do what you enjoy.
- You'll understand and direct how components and services are developed, tested and progressed within their Engineering discipline.
- You'll deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices.
- You'll be very comfortable teaching others about engineering standard methodology and being seen as a role model.
Key accountabilities and capabilities of this role include
- Deliver the highest quality customer driven software whist continually challenging, motivating, mentoring and supporting their engineering teams.
- Work in cross-disciplinary feature teams delivering exciting customer driven solutions and high quality software.
- Showcase excellent interpersonal and communications skills whilst expertly working across the project life cycle to ensure software operates as intended.
- Work hands-on alongside engineering colleagues to understand and develop their own technical domain knowledge and takes responsibility for their actions.
- Exercise responsibility, autonomy and judgement within broad, but well-defined parameters.
- Work in a highly collaborative way to complete assigned work, showcase progress and address problems that are well-defined, complex and often non-routine.
- Be a quick learner who can learn and adapt to new technologies being used within Lloyds and the wider industry whilst bringing those around them on the same journey.
- Understand the importance of quality and hence create and implement approaches, guidelines, principles defined by themselves and their Engineering and Chapter Lead peers.
- Drive the success of Lloyds Engineering Chapters, Communities and Guilds whilst resolving impediments, issues and providing a voice for engineers within teams.
Specific Experience - required
- .NET (C#, WCF, WPF), SQL Server (T-SQL, SSIS,SSRS)
We deeply value diversity, and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer. If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible. So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Discretionary bonus circa 15% of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous pension contribution.
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday
Sound like you? Apply today; we'd love to hear from you...