|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for an experienced BIM Lead to join our Cambridge Office. We are looking for someone who can bring their BIM expertise to an exciting MEP team and help continue to shape our BIM strategy.
The Building BIM Coordinator (MEP) plays an important role in the design delivery and design integration of projects delivered by the Buildings business. Using technical experience and excellent people skills, the Building BIM Coordinator will be responsible for the digital delivery of the engineering design for projects.
You will be used to producing co-ordinated building services designs and associated deliverables in an integrated and holistic manner using appropriate modelling and associated analytical software; play a key role in leading and implementing the design and delivery process.
A bit about your role
As a BIM Lead you will be responsible for the the digital delivery of the MEP models and information management of the MEP design from bid stage to project close out, also assisting in the preparation of technical and commercial bid proposals, producing BEPs. You will be required to act as a technical interface with our IT support services for the engineering toolset, provide the delivery of digital outputs within project teams and the seamless sharing of information with other discipline teams. You will represent MM in liaising with clients, engineers and other design team members, developing and maintaining excellent team relationships through successful project execution.
Also part of the role will require you to mentor and support engineers with Revit designs.
Required criteria for ideal BIM Lead
- Relevant experience in the design, specification and procurement of buildings.
- Experience of using REVIT.
- A clear understanding of our multi-disciplinary design approach and the delivery of projects to a high quality, from bid stage to operation.
- Experience in the successful management of the MEP elements of projects.
- Experience and understanding of multi-disciplinary design processes.
- The ability to confidently represent MM at external design team meetings.
- An excellent knowledge of BIM and the ability to implement the use 3D multi-disciplinary modelling on projects.
- An understanding of the analytical tools that support the MEP, including the ability to undertake early energy modelling, detailed energy calculations, lighting and daylighting would be beneficial.
- The ability to use modelling and analytical tools to eliminate health and safety risks in the design.