We are helping Severn Trent Water to deliver a range of vital water and wastewater treatment projects as part of their AMP6 and AMP7 frameworks. These projects will provide great benefits to consumers, communities and the environment.
Projects are developed from feasibility through to detailed design and construction, allowing project teams to see the full lifecycle. This enables a strong culture of continuous improvement, to provide on-going efficiencies to the client, and promote best-practice across the industry. If you thrive in a varied, fast-paced environment, and are committed to delivering the best outcomes for the client and end users, then we want to hear from you!
You will lead the design of complex water and wastewater projects, managing the preparation of outline and detailed engineering designs, in addition to providing construction support and commissioning input.
You will work in an integrated team to ensure delivery to programme and budget, as well as the required technical standards.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to use and further develop your technical and management skills, with excellent long-term potential to advance your career in an innovative and collaborative environment.
Your duties will include:
* Outline and detailed design of multi-disciplinary water and wastewater schemes for Severn Trent Water
* Manage the design cost and programme to ensure that the design is completed within budget and on time
* Manage the quality of the technical output produced by the project team
* Co-ordinate the work of other members of the design team to ensure the design is produced on time
* Support the work of more junior staff and encourage their development
* Work collaboratively with a Contracts Manager and QS to successfully deliver outcomes for our Client
* Positively engage with the Client to effectively manage relationships with them on a regular basis
In terms of career progression, we can offer development in technical, management or commercial/client-facing directions, or a combination thereof - you will have control of your own career path.
* Ability to co-ordinate teams and lead the collaborative delivery of design and build projects
* Qualified civil, mechanical or electrical engineer either Chartered or willing to work towards Chartered status
* Experience of delivering design projects to programme requirements and within budget, ideally within the UK water and wastewater sector
* Knowledge of water and wastewater assets
* Proactive approach, with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios