|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Product Line Manager - Pipeline Precommissioning & Maintenance is an essential link between the market place and the rest of the business. As such, this is a pivotal role within the BH organization and greatly impacts on PPS’s business strategy and success in driving the continued growth of our Pipeline and associated precommissioning & maintenance product offerings.
The Product Line Manager will effectively work across all of the functions to ensure that we have an effective Multi Generation Product Plan (MGPP) that delivers Product line growth and improved profitability.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the global market (by region) for your given product line, including but not limited to market size, pricing, technical trends, competitor capabilities.
- Develop and implement strategies that will enable PPS to profitably increase its share of the market for the specific product line.
- Take full accountability for product line - ensuring there is a cost / benefit analysis for all projects – work alongside Platform Managers and other Product Line Managers to ensure the MGPP and lifecycle management requirements are met.
- Ensure new product developments are delivered to market with detailed product launch plans.
- Manage the portfolio of existing assets and services to optimize their revenue and profit generating capability.
- Develop and own product line investment plan for input into annual business planning processes.
- Develop promotional strategies to launch new products and to optimize returns from exiting products.
- Support Product Line responsibilities defined in technology development process.
- Support sales and commercial operations team on major tenders and long-term services agreements and provide ad-hoc commercial and technical guidance as needed.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships in key global accounts.
- Arbitrate in asset / resource deployment conflicts – work with Supply Chain to optimize asset deployment and growth opportunities.
- Establish and define customer requirements for new products and R&D.
- Ensure full awareness of, and compliance with, the requirements of all relevant company/ customer HSE handbooks, HSE procedures and emergency procedures.
- Promote BHGE compliance & ethics policies throughout the workplace and in all business activities.
- Growth of Product Line volume as measured in Orders.
- Product Line profitability as measured in Contribution Margin.
- Product quality and customer satisfaction as measured by our NPS score externally.
- Effectiveness of Product Management effort subjectively measured through evaluation of new growth initiatives and creation of collateral material in support of current programs and objectively measured through NPI performance.
- Educated to graduate level.
- Major commercial and or product line experience (e.g Sales, marketing, business development, product management) gained in a customer service environment.
- An understanding of the market for, and techniques of, Pipeline: Precommissioning & Maintenance
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to develop and implement commercial and technical strategies.
- Proven strong influencing and interpersonal skills – able to interact and impact at senior levels.
- Ability to create strong relationships at senior levels within customer organisations.
- High level of technical acumen with sound analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Understanding of financial metrics and the levers that can be pulled to improve them.
- Ability to work successfully in a global matrix organisation.
Location: Cramlington (UK), Son (Netherlands), Houston, TX, or Canada.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more