|Location:||Tyne and Wear|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Lead Engineer – Valve Engineer for Subsea Production Systems will be responsible for subsea valve and actuators utilised across the Baker Hughes subsea product line. Reporting to the Core Product Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the design and specification of subsea valves and actuators used with Baker Hughes manifolds, Xmas trees, pipelines and subsea distribution units.
In this role the Lead Engineer is to deliver valve packages across Baker Hughes Subsea Production Systems and Services. The Lead Engineer will be responsible for the specification and Engineering of subsea valves and actuators that are Baker Hughes proprietary design and valves bought from 3rd party suppliers. Core products covered will include, but are not limited to: Subsea gate, ball and check valves and their associated actuators.
- Working as part of the Core Product team as team that delivers on-time and within budgets.
- Drive rationalisation of valve and actuator assemblies as well as establishing and maintaining Product Catalogues of configured, pre-qualified valves. Reduce part proliferation and ensure part re-use.
- Produce new valve designs and drive qualification in line with industry standards. Ensure solutions are cost effective for target markets.
- Promote technical excellence to support product design, technology development, supplier quality & process qualification, internal manufacturing, field services and issue resolution.
- Support and deliver project workscopes to product and project fulfilment with technical rigor, responsiveness, good business sense, simplicity and customer focus.
- Be the point of contact for advice and problem resolution to clients, sourcing, product management and manufacturing related to valves & actuators.
- Continuously drive the creation of common specifications, procedures and approaches through areas of expertise across the subsea productions systems. Identifying Synergies and eliminating duplication of effort and waste.
- Work closely with sourcing, manufacturing and quality to ensure philosophy of the Product Catalogue is understood and leveraged in long-term supplier agreements. Solicit feedback from supply chain and across functions to ensure the Product Catalogue offers maximum value.
- Provide operational direction consistent with business initiatives & drive excellence in the areas of integrity, controllership and compliance
- Create and embrace new business initiatives / ideas & encourage team members to do the same and incorporate them into daily work
- Identify and Implement initiatives to continuously improve the responsiveness of the organization to customer & business needs
- Masters or Bachelor degree in Engineering or science based discipline.
- Strong Engineering experience in valves and actuator design
- Availability to travel internationally for project needs and for short term assignments
- Fluent English speaker
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more