|Job Type:||Full Time|
Global is one of the world’s leading Media & Entertainment groups. As the UK’s largest commercial radio company, Global reaches more than 32 million people every week including 25 million on the radio alone through its respected media brands; Capital, Heart, Classic FM, Smooth, LBC, Radio X, Capital XTRA and Gold. Global recently moved into outdoor advertising following the major acquisitions of Primesight, Outdoor Plus and Exterion Media. With over 250,000 outdoor advertising points, Global is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in Europe. The company headquarters is in London’s iconic Leicester Square.
You will join our180 strong, award-winning commercial team in London. As a Media Manager you will be the first point of contact and face of Global within one of our largest agency customers. This position forms part of our central sales team whose purpose is to strategically win and grow advertising revenue by working collaboratively with other internal teams to create best in class advertising campaigns across all of our platforms (radio, digital, content, data, sponsorship).
- You’ll be responsible for generating revenue by pitching engaging advertising campaign ideas to new and existing clients to maximise airtime sales across all of our stations and related products
- This is a team effort which means you’ll get to work with lots of different specialist areas such as Content Solutions, Client Strategy, Digital and other Media Managers in order to best answer our clients’ campaign brief
- You’ll be able to use your fantastic negotiating skills to help the team agree annual trading deals with existing clients as well as being able to generate revenue from new target businesses
- You will be a customer centric sales person, striving to improve our ways of working, exceeding customer expectations and developing a market leading reputation
- Through our fantastic on-boarding and training, you will become a subject matter expert ensuring customers are completely informed about Global’s products, industry news and any other relevant information they need
- You’ll be managing a Media Executive taking an active role in their training and development to help prepare them for their next career step at Global
Key Objectives and Behaviours:
- Be able to give us examples of how you have built a successful track record of delivering complex, long term sales partnerships (a media background would be great but isn’t essential for this role – amazing negotiating skills are though!)
- Demonstrate your passion for the advertising industry, particularly radio and why you chose to work or want to work in the industry
- Experience and ability to project manage internal and external teams in order to deliver advertising/sales campaigns on time and on budget
- Evidence of how you have built long-term, meaningful relationships with your clients
- Be able to demonstrate your strategic mind set through the production of well researched quarterly business plans including identifying new target clients, lead generation, missed spenders, threats and challenges
- Show us you’re a team player and can demonstrate how you have worked collaboratively with cross-functional teams and clients in order to continuously identify new business opportunities and maximise revenue for your team and the wider Global business